Writing High-Quality Blog Posts: Top 3 Tips
It seems like reading blogs has become one of the favourite pastimes for millions of people. After all, there are more than 500 million blog sites worldwide, and that number keeps rising every year.
However, not all blogs are quality blogs. Countless people write content to have something to do and publish it without thinking too much about it. However, blogs filled with lousy content can rarely grow and make money.
If you want to have a popular blog, you need to write high-quality blog posts. And here is how you can do that.
1 – Use a plagiarism detection tool.
Regardless of what you want to write about, you always have to remember that everything you post needs to be 100% unique. If it’s not, your blog won’t be regarded as a trustworthy source of information, and your SEO score could plummet.
But with so much content out there, sometimes, even when you are writing by yourself, you could accidentally plagiarise someone else’s work. But if you use a plagiarism checker, you can avoid that.
Here are just some of the benefits of this tool:
- Quick results. Plagiarism checkers work very fast, and they can search the entire internet in a matter of minutes. If they find any duplicate content, they will provide you with a link to the source text and the similarity percentage so you can see how authentic your content is.
- Allows you to keep up with your schedule. If you want to have a successful blog, you will have to publish articles constantly. And since you will get quick results, you will be able to keep up with your posting schedule without worrying about whether the content is unique.
- It helps you see how good you are at paraphrasing. The plagiarism checker you use will only highlight the content copied word for word. But if you use source material to get inspiration for your blog posts and nothing gets highlighted, you will get confirmation that you’re great at paraphrasing.
2 – Write about something you know and love.
Picking a niche and then topic after topic can be difficult and draining. When you’re choosing what you want your blog to be about, there are two unspoken rules you need to abide by. You need to write about topics you’re knowledgeable about, and you need to love what you’re writing about.
The first rule is pretty self-explanatory. People come to blogs looking for an authority figure who will provide them with valuable information.
Since blogs have been rated as the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information, your readers will catch on soon if you don’t know what you’re writing about. Of course, you will still have to do research, but much less if you know what you’re talking about.
As for the second rule, it’s imperative to write about things you are interested in and genuinely love because you will have more motivation to write blog posts every day.
If your readers see that you as the writer have much passion for the subject, they will become more interested in the post.
3 – Have a dedicated writing process.
A great blog post won’t just appear out of nowhere.
If you’re serious about writing high-quality blog posts, you need to have a dedicated writing process that won’t allow you to stray from your assignment. Instead, it should motivate you to finish all your assignments on time.
Here is what the writing process should look like:
- Compose an outline. Think about the topic you want to write about, do your research, and create an outline. This outline doesn’t have to be overly complicated or include too many details. Its primary purpose is to keep you from writing about gibberish and keep you on track.
- Start writing. Once you have your rough draft, get rid of all distractions, stay focused, and begin the writing process.
- Edit your post. Take a small break when you finish writing and return to the post. Re-read it again to find parts that could be edited and run it through a plagiarism checker to ensure it’s unique.
- Optimise the post. Optimise for search engines so your post can get a high-ranking result on Google. There are a lot of powerful SEO practices that can help with that.
In a sea of poorly written blog posts, make sure your website stands above the rest and provides your readers with great content they always want to come back to.
If you apply the tips you read about here, your blog will be a more immense success than you ever thought possible.