Top 10 Best Remote Work Tools for the Modern Home Office
Many professionals embrace remote working as an alternative to traditional office hours. It’s an approach that works for individuals, teams, and businesses alike, and it’s an option that offers plenty of benefits for employees, companies, and the planet.
“You don’t have to leave the office. You have to work smarter.” – Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Workweek.
We’ve all heard about remote working, but you might not realise how much impact it can have on your productivity. With the rise of virtual teams and collaborative projects, finding the best tools to ensure you’re getting the most out of your remote working experience is essential.
The following is my list of essential remote work tools and services for the modern office and why you need to use each one.
This list is designed for freelancers, remote workers and those who prefer to work from home and travel frequently.
1 – A Powerful Computer or Laptop
If you are looking for a powerful computer or laptop for remote work, I recommend the Macbook Pro. It has a reasonable price, is light, and has an excellent build quality, making it great for everyday use.
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — The 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop is a portable powerhouse. Get more done faster with a next-generation 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU and up to 24GB of unified memory.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day and into the night, thanks to the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip.
- SUSTAINED PERFORMANCE — Thanks to its active cooling system, the 13-inch MacBook Pro can sustain pro levels of performance, so you can run CPU- and GPU-intensive tasks for hours on end.
- BRILLIANT DISPLAY — The 13.3-inch Retina display features 500 nits of brightness and P3 wide colour for vibrant images and incredible detail.
- HD CAMERA AND STUDIO-QUALITY MICS — Look sharp and sound great with a FaceTime HD camera and three-mic array.
Should you get a laptop or desktop?
You’ll get more done on a laptop, but you don’t have to worry about whether the power source is portable. Most laptops will run indefinitely, but losing all your work and data could mean a power outage.
Having the capability to recover from a power outage is critical. It’s a hassle to carry around an external battery pack and charge it whenever you need to plug it in. And there are certain work situations where a desktop makes more sense, like if you plan on using the computer at a client’s office or for writing, editing, and compiling images.
It would help if you also had a lot of hard drive space for a laptop, and you won’t be able to save files on a desktop because you don’t have access to the hard drive.
What Makes A Good Laptop For Remote Work?
So, what makes a good laptop for remote work? In my experience, there are several key areas that I look for in a laptop before purchasing it.
I look for at least 16 GB of RAM to ensure that the machine can handle any tasks that might come up while working remotely. I am looking for an SSD (solid-state drive) because I’m sure I’ll be running multiple programs simultaneously. The display size matters too, but I usually find that 15 inches is fine.
2 – Fast, Reliable Wi-Fi Connection
Most remote workers know the importance of having a reliable connection at home. The reason is simple: if they lose internet access, they can’t work.
A reliable internet connection allows us to work from wherever we are without being constrained to an office. The problem is that most home connections aren’t reliable.
Wi-Fi is becoming essential to our work and play lifestyle
We now live in an always-connected world, where we need access to Wi-Fi at work and home. And while Wi-Fi is essential to most people, the reality is that most don’t take advantage of the technology because they just don’t know what to do with it.
With the average office worker spending 80% of their day staring at a screen, it’s a wonder more people aren’t tapping into the vast possibilities of this technology.
Get a High-Speed Modem
The internet is fast, but the modem can limit your online experience. The solution? Buy a high-speed modem that supports Ethernet cable, Wi-Fi, and ADSL broadband connections, like a D-Link Modem.
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
It connects over copper wires (cable) and wireless connections (Wi-Fi) and simultaneously supports 1,500 devices.
Buy a Range Extender
Whether in a large city or the middle of nowhere, remote work can have downsides. Without reliable internet, it’s challenging to work efficiently. However, having a range extender can make that task a bit easier.
If you live in a place that doesn’t offer reliable internet, a Wi-Fi range extender can be an intelligent choice for you. They can extend your Wi-Fi’s reach up to 150 feet away from your router. So if you’re out of luck with a Wi-Fi network, you’ll be able to connect to one.
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boost Internet Wi-Fi coverage up to 1200 square feet and connects up to 20 devices - Compatible with Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, Access Point (2.4GHz - 300Mbps ; 5GHz - 433Mbps)
- Eliminate Wi-Fi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free Connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Fast Ethernet port. System Requirements - Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- Stay Connected - Expand Wi-Fi Coverage for your Smart Phones, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Web Browsing, Alexa Echo, Ring and more
- Easy Set Up - 2 Simple taps and you are ready to connect, smart indicator light helps to install in best optimal location
- OneMesh Technology - Enables the creation of a OneMesh network for seamless roaming when paired with the Archer A7 Router (more devices to be updated in the future)
3 – An ergonomic keyboard and mouse
Ergonomic keyboards and mice are designed to reduce strain and help you type and move your fingers and arms. They are made to accommodate all kinds of people’s body shapes, sizes and preferences.
While you’ll never find a perfect keyboard for every person, a suitable ergonomic model can help you work better without causing pain. Some popular ergonomic models are Ergotron K760L Keyboard, Ergosoft ErgoLogic Mouse, and Kensington ErgoLogic Mouse.
- Exceptional comfort. Work all day, with reduced risk of fatigue and injury, on our Ergonomist-approved design.
- Excellent support. Improved cushion and ergonomically tested palm rest covered in premium fabric provides all-day comfort and promotes a neutral wrist posture.
- Be more productive with built-in shortcuts, including dedicated keys for office 365, emojis, search, easy access to media controls, and more.
- Designed to last — Wired for reliable speed and accuracy.
- Crunch numbers Fast, with a dedicated integrated pad.
What to Look For in an Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse
When searching for ergonomic keyboards and mice, keep an eye out for reviews and reports from reputable third parties that test products on people and compare the results to conventional equipment.
These tests are beneficial if you’re looking for a mouse with adjustable distance and hand placement settings.
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers, and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions / weight: 120×62.8×74.8 mm / 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
The ergonomics of the keyboard and mouse are essential because the way you use them affects your productivity. Many people don’t realise this, but the way you type and click affects the muscles in your hands.
It takes muscles to type, and if you type with poor posture, you are overloading those muscles. Poor posture can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, repetitive stress injuries, and tendonitis.
4 – A comfortable office chair
Finding the right chair can mean the difference between being comfortable and not. Office chairs come in all shapes and sizes, from basic adjustable seats to super comfortable ergonomic options.
While some people feel great while sitting in an office chair, others may need to adjust their position to achieve optimal comfort.
Whether you sit in an office all day or your desk is at home, there’s a good chance you’ve looked longingly at the office chairs at work. They look comfy. They look nice. And they cost a whole lot of money.
The good news is that you can make your own comfy, stylish chair at home. The bad news is that it might take some patience.
- CONFORMS TO YOUR LIFE: With it’s 4D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors (and a set of hardwood floor Blade Castors) – it’s easy to think the Ergo3D is from the future, but instead it’s evolved Ergo Seating at its finest and it’s here now.
- EASE INTO WORK, OR PLAY: Mesh Headrest adjusts up and down while the 4D Adjust Arms go forwards, back, up, down, side to side, and rotate for the best fit to your body. 3D Lumbar Support hugs your back, while the seat glides up and down for the ultimate in customized comfort in the office, or in front of your game!
- SOFT HD OFFICE CHAIR: Our breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. But it’s also smooth, and nothing like sitting on wire like many of the chairs you’ll see today. And while it’s good to take regular breaks, the Ergo3D is so comfy you’ll forget you’re even working.
- HEAVY DUTY: Our 5-Point Base with dual castors gives greater stability and strength over common 4-Point, single castor chairs. And our strong iron base makes this heavy-duty office chair ideal for adults up to 275 lb. We also give a set of blade wheels – smooth as silk on hardwood.
- SUPER-LOUNGE RECLINE: Settle back, because you have up to 135° of tilt to keep you in the perfect position for your next task, or to simply lounge back and admire how smart you are for finding such a remarkable ergonomic chair. Try the Ergo3D and feel the difference it makes to your life.
Identify Your Pain Point
The best office chairs with back support are ergonomically designed and offer maximum comfort. The chairs also provide good posture and improve the user’s overall health.
Most people spend about 8 hours a day sitting at work, and the most comfortable chair will help them relax and keep up productivity.
Choose the Best Chair from the Best Brands
Office chairs aren’t just a luxury. They’re an essential part of the office environment because they have to support and comfort employees during their workday.
So you can imagine the importance of choosing the right chair. And since there are so many different models, you can’t rely on just one model or brand to do the trick.
You need to know all the benefits of each chair, including adjustable height and back support. This is why you need to research the different brands of office chairs and determine which ones are the best.
Don’t Be Fooled by Cheap Office Chairs
Many people buy chairs for their home office, thinking that the cheap ones they buy will last forever. That’s simply not true.
There are several problems with cheap chairs:
- They don’t last as long as their expensive counterparts.
- They can often cause back or neck injuries.
- They’re not always comfortable.
Cheap office chairs may be inexpensive, but they certainly aren’t affordable.
5 – A desk that lets you work remotely
It’s no secret that working remotely is something many businesses embrace these days, but it can still be tricky. It’s vital that you have a comfortable space to work, whether sitting down or standing up.
Your desk is probably the most significant investment you’ll make when working from home, so don’t skimp out.
Investing in a quality desk chair and good lighting will make a big difference, especially if you spend much time at your computer. You’ll also want a space for your food, drink and any other items you may need close to your work area.
- Versatile Storage Space: This l desk features an open 4-Tier shelves design,which provides you with enough space for storaging books,printers,monitors,decorations and so on.The detachable shelves allow you to define your storage space, you can move the shelves easily to make room for the computer tower.
- Multifunctional Desk with Wide Desktop:This L-Shaped computer desk is designed for multi-purpose,it can be used as a office desk,gaming desk,craft desk or tool table due to its wide desktop.When you need space to create and focus on playing games, writing, working, or studying, this computer desk will be there for you.
- Spacious Desktop：If your job requires a lot of electronic equipment, then this desk is the ideal choice.Ample desk space for multiple monitors,printer,Live broadcast equipment and so on.And there are still many places to place your decos,files,books,etc.
- Durable Metal Frame & Wood Tabletop:Teraves home office desk is made of P2 class particle board and high quality metal frame,which ensure it sturdy for long-term use.Designed with adjustable leg pads for different height need, to keep the desk stable balance on the uneven floor and carpet.
- Desk Panel Dimension: 64.84 " x 21.65"(with corner length); Height: 29.6"; Corner Panel Width:30.62";Whole Desk Bearing 450lbs,Shelf Bearing 35lbs. Compatible hole for installing Monitor Stand.
Keep the desk setup simple and ergonomic
Keep your remote working desk setup simple; keep it minimal and ergonomic. Think of your desk space as a blank canvas on which you’ll paint a colourful picture. As a general rule, the fewer objects sitting on your desk, the more space you’ll have to move around.
Consider a Standing Desk
People who spend all day sitting at a desk are likely to suffer more from back and neck pain than those who take regular breaks, according to a study published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise in 2017.
The researchers surveyed more than 3,000 people who work at desks in New York City who answered questions about their sleeping habits, exercise routines, and overall health.
After adjusting for other risk factors like gender, age, and obesity, the participants were divided into two groups based on whether or not they were diagnosed with chronic pain.
People who reported more than three hours per day spent sitting in front of a computer were 2.6 times more likely to suffer back pain than those who took breaks.
- 【Health Office Style】Sitting for long periods of time at the office puts a huge strain on our bodies, leading to back and neck problems. This standing desk will bring a healthy way of working，allow you to sit and stand alternately to work, relieve leg numbness and body fatigue caused by long sitting, makes your energy more concentrated.
- 【Memory Electric Lift】Compared with the ordinary office desk, this standing desk can easily control the height using buttons, so that it can be used by people of different heights in different scenes. The design of 1/2 memory keys allows it to be adjusted quickly and accurately to your preset comfortable height. The motor system also includes a child safety lock function, anti-collision function and overheat protection function.
- 【Large Wood Desktop】 We offer a desktop with a maximum size of 55 x 24 Inches which is made of high class solid wood with round desk corners and wires whole. The table surface is in wood pattern which is fashionable and aesthetically pleasing. The table top has large enough space to place stuff, like computer, notebook, working files, printer, and other office supplies. Please note the table top is consisted of two pieces, it is not come in one complete piece.
- 【Durable Quite Motor】The motor is made of good quality and each has been tested more than ten inspection processes before assembling to the desk. You can adjust the height between 28.7”-48.1”at a speed of 1"/second with low noise (under 50 dB). This standing desk uses an advanced motor with longer service life, each motor can be used more than 10,000 times and durable enough of 2 years' daily use.
- 【Sturdy Desk Legs】 The desk legs are box frame structured, though it is made of steel material, it is not that heavy, it offers stableness and sturdiness in use. There are feet at the bottom of the desk legs, to balance the desk on ground. The wide T-shaped foot design makes the table maintain good stability even when used at the highest height.
It’s essential to take advantage of ergonomic benefits when working from home. An ergonomic standing desk can help reduce your back injury risks and carpal tunnel syndrome. In addition, it allows you to keep your computer up high and away from your arms and neck.
6 – An office printer that doesn’t suck
Most office printers are designed to work either in a stand-alone mode or networked mode. The printer must function in stand-alone mode when working in a home office. You can connect your home printer to the printer port on your computer using a USB cable or wireless network card.
So, where should you start looking for the perfect home office printer? If you’re just starting to explore this space, we’d recommend checking out our favourite picks on Amazon.
From all the options, you’ll be able to find something suitable for your specific needs and budget. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below, and we’ll see if we can help!
Which Type of Printer Is Best?
A recent survey by the National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers (NAPIM) found that inkjet printers have continued to dominate the market share. They continue to offer superior performance, low running costs, and the ability to connect directly to a computer via Wi-Fi.
The most popular models are those using the HP Officejet, HP Deskjet, and Lexmark brands of printers.
- 6 FREE MONTHS INSTANT INK SUBSCRIPTION when you activate HP+ – Print up to 700 pages a month. Ink ships to you automatically so you never run out. After 6 months, monthly fee applies unless cancelled, and you'll save up to 50% on ink.
- INCLUDES FREE HP+ SMART FEATURES – Activate HP+ free to get advanced features for mobile printing, security, automatic updates and more. HP+ only works with an HP account, internet connection and Original HP Ink for the life of the printer.
- BEST FOR BASIC PRINTING – Print basic color documents like recipes, forms and travel documents
- KEY FEATURES – Print, copy and scan in color, plus mobile and wireless printing
- EASY SETUP – Get started fast on any device with the HP Smart app that guides you step by step
When deciding on the type of printer you need, consider a few things.
The first is the size. Most printers have a range of sizes, so you need to choose what size is right for you and your business. The next thing to consider is the number of print jobs you’ll be using. You’ll want to make sure that you’re purchasing a printer that can handle multiple print jobs simultaneously, as it’ll help you keep your workflow smooth. Finally, look at the type of paper you’ll be printing on. There are several different paper options available for you to choose from.
Is Inkjet or Laser the Best Choice for You?
If you’re considering getting a printer but don’t know if laser or inkjet is better for your needs, this post will help you decide. Laser printers are faster and produce sharper results. They are also more expensive.
However, there is one significant advantage that laser printers have over inkjet printers: no toner is needed. This means laser printers are maintenance-free and cost less in the long run.
Another reason inkjet printers are considered the lower end of the spectrum is because they’re generally cheaper than laser printers.
Laser printers can range anywhere from $150 to $200 depending on your model, and inkjet printers typically start at $100. However, you’ll always need toner cartridges for your printer, and those can cost as much as $30 each.
The only way to tell if an inkjet or laser printer is better for you is to consider how often you print and what size printouts you produce.
How Much Can I Save by Switching to an Inkjet Printer?
A significant benefit of an inkjet printer is that it has a fast print speed compared to other printing methods. One of the significant benefits of this speed is that the cost of running an inkjet printer is very low, as ink is only used up during printing, not every day.
This means you can save money by switching over to an inkjet printer. An inkjet printer typically costs between $30-$100 per month, while laser printers can cost anywhere from $200 to $1000 per month. If you plan to print approximately five pages a day, you’ll need to change your ink at least every 30 days.
7 – A whiteboard and markers
Some of the best tools for remote working include a whiteboard, markers and a tablet, all of which can be taken anywhere with you.
A whiteboard is a fantastic tool for brainstorming ideas and making lists, especially for new businesses where you may not yet have a firm product or service idea to work off.
Using a marker rather than a pencil will give you more space and allow you to draw freehand quickly. And a tablet allows you to capture and store any ideas or notes quickly you come up with.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The 16” X 12” mini magnetic whiteboard comes with a smooth and scratch-resistant writing surface making it smooth write and very easy to wiped clean. And the sturdy frame and reinforced corners prevent the board from being damaged in transit. Giving you peace of mind!
- PORTABLE DESIGN: This magnet dry erases whiteboard with solidly built but lightweight. It is portable with a handle on the top, making it easy to carry anywhere or to hang on the wall as a bulletin board. It is a Best Gift for your Home, Office or classroom!
- THREE PIECES SET: This whiteboard set including a presentation board 16"L x 12"W, 2 magnets, 1 eraser, 2 black markers with a magnetic dry eraser cap. It comes with everything you need. Ready to enjoy it as soon as you receive the whiteboard!
- FLEXIBLE MULTI-USE: Easy to carry by the Lightweight and Foldable. Comfortable for daily use anywhere. This dry erase board is a good idea for small group Learning, homeschool, office, school, dorm room, game room, and more. Great help for managers, teachers, students, and kids, etc. Perfect for guided reading, presentation, drawing, education and score counting, etc.
- LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Your satisfaction and happiness is a top priority. That’s why we are offering you a worry-free after-sales service of Total Satisfaction! If for any reason you are unsatisfied (we promise you won’t be! ), simply message us for a full refund or replacement.
Determine How Much Space You Have
There are plenty of home offices that have whiteboards attached to the wall. I’ve seen the home offices of artists, architects, designers, and inventors.
Sometimes, there is an entire room dedicated to just a whiteboard, but a corner of a room or even a closet is used more often than not. Regardless of where a whiteboard is located, you need to ensure enough space for it.
To determine how much space you have, you’ll need first to decide if the whiteboard will be for your business or simply for personal use.
Use a virtual whiteboard to communicate with remote co-workers
When you’re working remotely, communication is vital. The problem is that many teams don’t have access to a whiteboard. This makes it difficult to share ideas, collaborate, and brainstorm.
But a whiteboard app helps solve this problem by letting you collaborate using nothing but a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. You can draw, annotate, collaborate, and discuss ideas in real-time.
8 – Paper and pens
It used to be that pens and pencils were the only options available to writers. Still, today’s technology and the advent of digital writing tools have created a wide variety of devices that can help you get your thoughts down on paper.
The best pen for you might depend on the type of work you’re doing at home. If you’re working on graphic design projects, a pen with a broad tip will help you get into the right mindset.
But if you’re trying to get some work done on your laptop, you may find that a fine-tipped pen or pencil works better. Of course, whatever kind of pen you use, make sure you keep it close at hand.
A notebook to take notes in meetings or brainstorm ideas
Having the right notebook can be essential when you are trying to keep track of all the tasks, ideas, and conversations that come up in the meeting. While many people like to use notebooks to jot down ideas and plans, they often don’t have a particular purpose when choosing a notebook.
My personal choice is a Moleskine Classic. I love the pocket size, the quality of the paper and the ability to add pages easily if need be. My only gripe is that the paper tends to fall apart.
- CLASSIC MOLESKINE NOTEBOOK: Moleskine classic notebooks are perfect notebooks for writing journals, a daily diary, or note taking in college classes or meetings. Moleskine notebooks are beloved by travelers & bullet journalists for their slim design.
- DURABLE COVER & ELASTIC CLOSURE: Hold writing projects & notes in your Moleskine notebook with an elastic closure band & inner storage folders. Leather-like classic Moleskine cover & thick, ivory paper pages are perfect for writing with fountain pens.
- GIFT QUALITY NOTEBOOKS: Moleskine planners, journals and notebooks come in hardcover or softcover and colors like black, red, blue, green and brown. The binding and cover have a durable finish, designed for daily journaling, writing and sketching.
- DELUXE QUALITY PAGES: Moleskine's thick, ivory paper pages in a hardcover Moleskine notebook, softcover Moleskine notebook, cahier or volant journal, or Moleskine planner are perfectly textured for writing with a ballpoint pen, fountain pen, or pencil.
- MOLESKINE QUALITY: We're dedicated to culture, travel, memory, imagination, & personal identity—both physical & digital. We bring this commitment to our notebooks, bags, apps & smart pens & notebooks.
9 – Create a system for staying organised
In a fast-paced world where everything seems to be hurrying, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and lose sight of what matters most.
When working remotely, there are many aspects of productivity to keep track of, from managing your email, scheduling meetings, organising files and documents, and much more.
When working from home, you need to set up a system that makes your life easier. Here are some of the ways you can stay organised when you’re working from home:
Automate routine tasks
This is the best time of year to start thinking about how you can automate some of the tasks you perform daily. Here are five steps to take to get started:
Plan: Figure out which jobs you’re going to need to automate and map out the steps involved.
Research: Get familiar with how automation tools work, where you can find free resources, and each tool’s limitations and benefits.
Set up: Figure out if your preferred tool can be set up to run on a schedule, such as every morning.
Learn: Read through online tutorials to understand how the tool works and how to make the most of it.
Test: Try it out once you’re comfortable using your tool and have done the necessary research!
Be smart about meetings
Meetings are an indispensable part of the corporate culture. But many companies fail to manage their meetings effectively.
Instead of meeting only when you must make a decision, leaders should establish a process for daily check-ins to keep projects on track and encourage healthy discussions about problems, ideas, and opportunities. A good meeting can make or break a project, ensuring it’s productive and successful.
Use a calendar as your primary tool
Whether you’re planning events or working on a project, you should use a calendar that works for you. I recommend Google Calendar, but there are three key things to remember whatever calendar you choose.
First, make sure you keep your calendar visible. Make sure it’s on your computer screen or that you can easily access it through a mobile app.
Second, think about how much detail you need to include in your calendar. Will you need to record phone numbers or meeting locations? Do you need to keep track of deadlines and due dates?
Third, think about who else needs to see what you’re planning and ensure everyone is on the same page.
As a side note, I’m not entirely sure that a digital calendar is always the best tool for keeping track of time, but it can be helpful when used for specific purposes.
I’ve found that a physical one helps me better organise my life (i.e., by the date, week, or month). As far as productivity goes, a digital one might be more helpful. It’s all about how you use it.
- 3-YEAR PLANNER: Includes 1 desk flip planner featuring monthly view pages and notes from 2022 to 2024. Cover are made from 500 gsm cardstock, while inner pages are printed on 100gsm paper. Set is bound together by strong double ring binding.
- GRID BOX DESIGN: Ample date grid provides plenty of space to pencil in multiple appointments, events, reminders, birthdays, anniversaries and more. Each page is designed with 5 rows and some of the dates will be fit into next month due to neatness.
- PLAN YOUR FUTURE: Use the planner to organize and plan for important events. Never miss an appointment again. Each sheet has a tab on the bottom to show month and year for quicker planning or viewing.
- SET GOALS: Set ambitious goals and track them by using the planner. Motivate yourself to achieve better results.
- SIZE: Each sheet is 11 x 8.5 inches.
A digital one may help you stay more organised if you’re unsure what day of the week it is, or you’re trying to schedule meetings or events.
Track time spent on specific projects
In my experience, a project manager or a team leader who’s in charge of organising a team can sometimes struggle with the concept of tracking time spent on various tasks or activities.
The problem stems from the fact that time tracking software is often designed to help managers or supervisors track how much time individual employees spend on projects and tasks.
Time-tracking software can often feel like an intrusion to individuals who have no idea what the software is for. However, if you’re a project manager or team leader, tracking time spent on specific projects is vital to ensure that all of your projects are being handled on time.
Keep your desk clean
Many people who work from home struggle with disorganisation in their offices. This problem becomes even worse for those who work remotely because there is no natural visual cue to indicate that a particular area of the home is “off-limits.”
Some people keep their desks as clean as possible when working from home, so it’s easy to see what tasks they need to complete. Others prefer a messy desk because it gives them the feeling of being “at work.” Ultimately, whether or not to organise your workspace will depend on your personality.
10 – Noise-Cancelling Headphones with Headset
When sitting at your desk working, noise-cancelling headphones will help you be more productive. Noise-cancelling headphones use technology to block external sound waves in direct communication with your ears. This way, you hear only the audio that comes through the headphones.
It’s easy to see why headphones are becoming more common in offices and homes. They’re convenient, comfortable and allow for privacy.
However, many people don’t realise how vital a truly great pair of noise-cancelling headphones are when working remotely. They are the perfect solution to a common problem at home or the office, but they’re also essential for those who travel frequently.
Why Headphones Are Ideal Remote Work Tools
It’s amazing how often I’ll see someone working on their computer at Starbucks, with a coffee in one hand and headphones on their ears.
But if you’ve ever used headphones while working remotely, you know that there’s a whole world of possibilities for creativity and productivity when you block out the noise.
It doesn’t matter what kind of music you listen to while working. You just need to keep yourself focused on your task and avoid distractions.
If you’re a remote worker or telecommuter, you may be surprised to hear that listening to music while working is beneficial to your productivity. Studies have shown that listening to music can improve your focus and productivity by improving your memory and concentration.
Listening to music allows you to focus better, but it can help you feel more comfortable and relaxed, taking your time when working.
What Kind of Noise-Cancelling Headphones Should I Buy?
There’s no way to tell how a pair of headphones will perform until you’ve put them on. So when you’re picking out a set, it’s essential to do your homework and ask yourself these questions:
- Do I need a set of earbuds or earphones?
- How much should I spend?
- How many hours per day should I listen to my music? What type of music do I listen to most often?
There are many different types of headphones and earbuds out there. We all have our favourites. However, if you are looking for a comfortable pair to wear and noise-cancelling, we’ve compiled a list of the top three we’d recommend.
- High-performance wireless noise cancelling headphones
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
- Real-time Audio calibration preserves a Premium listening experience
- Up to 22 hours of battery life enables full-featured all-day wireless playback
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Hi-Res Audio: Custom oversized 40 mm dynamic drivers produce Hi-Res sound. Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones reproduce music with extended high frequencies that reach up to 40 kHz for extraordinary clarity and detail.
- Reduce Ambient Noises By Up to 90%: Our team of engineers conducted more than 100,000 tests in real-life scenarios to fine-tune Life Q20’s 4 built-in ANC microphones and digital active noise cancellation algorithm. As a result, the hybrid active noise cancellation can detect and cancel out a wider range of low and mid-frequency noises such as cars and airplane engines.
- 100% Stronger Bass: Our exclusive BassUp technology conducts real-time analysis of the low frequencies to instantly strengthen the bass output. Double press the play button when listening to bass-heavy genres like EDM and hip-hop for an amplified listening experience.
- 40-Hour Playtime*: Up to 40 hours of non-stop playtime in wireless active noise cancellation mode (at 60% volume) is extended to an enormous 60 hours in standard music mode. A single charge gives you enough juice to listen to over 600 songs or soundtrack multiple long haul flights. And when you’re in a rush, charge Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones for 5 minutes and get 4 hours of listening.
- Improved No-noise Enjoyment - Our SE7 Bluetooth headphones have enhanced active noise technology, reducing up to 95% of low-frequency noises around you. Then you will own a better listening experience even in noisy environments when owning SE7 active noise cancelling headphones.
- Clearer Stable Calls - Combined with premium built-in microphone and Bluetooth 5.0 &CVC technology, our SE7 wireless headphones easily allow for clearer, stable hands-free calls. Whether you are at quiet places or not, Better quality calls to connect with your circle with our SE7 headphones with mic. No longer worry about the poor and intermittent conversations.
- Impeccable Sound Qualit - Advanced Speaker diaphragm and chip give the audio quality that you really want. Every detail of audio through 40mm Large Aperture Drivers transmission to your ears perfectly. Hear the exactly complete music with SE7 active noise cancelling headphones.
- Ultimate Comfort and Relax - Our SE7 over-ear Bluetooth headset allows for a no-pressure and comfortable fit through the lightweight design and super imitation protein leather use. Really music enjoyed should not be trapped in dull headphones. Take SE7 headphones to find truly comfortable relaxing with music.
- 25Hours for Wireless Listening - A full charge for 25 hours of continuous music playback time. Adjustable headband for a more comfortable fit. Having a longer time for comfortable listening with our SE7 Bluetooth headphones is never a difficulty. Include components: Set of SE7 Bluetooth Headphones(SE7 ANC headphone, charging cable, aux cable, User Guide, Portable Case)
Which Features Are Important to Consider When Choosing Noise-Cancelling Headphones?
The most obvious feature is how comfortable your headphones are. Headphones are supposed to provide comfort and ease of use, especially if you’re constantly moving around.
If you’re going to be using your headphones for hours at a time, you’ll want something that won’t cause you to experience discomfort during long periods of use.
Is the sound quality good? Does it have a microphone? Are they comfortable? Do they fit well? How do you know if they’ll work? You must answer all of these questions.
Several noise-cancelling headphones are available on the market, including some of the most popular ones like Beats by Dr Dre, Sony’s WH-1000xM2, Apple’s W1 wireless earbuds, and Jabra’s Elite Sport, Bose QC 35 and the Bose QuietComfort 35 II. Each of these headphones offers something different to consumers, but they all contain similar features for the most part.
Remote working has revolutionised the way we work, allowing us to choose where we work and when. With so many tools to help us connect and work, it can be challenging to know which tools give you the best chance of being happy and productive.
To save you some time and help you make the right choice, I’ve compiled a list of the top 10 best remote work tools for the modern home office. These are the tools I currently use and recommend to others.
Are you looking for tools to help make your life as a remote worker easier? Get the best remote work tools you need to start working from home today!
Last update on 2022-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API