Top 10 Best Digital Cameras for Beginners
Photography nowadays isn’t just a profession anymore. It has become an art.
And many people are leaning towards it day by day. If you have a passion for photography, then you can surely give it a shot.
To start with photography, you can do a lot with the smartphone you have. But what you can do with your phone is limited to some extent.
If you are interested in photography, then getting a DSLR won’t be the worst idea.
There are many options for you out there. To ease things out for you, we have got the top 10 best digital cameras for beginners. Let’s check them out.
Top 10 Best Digital Cameras for Beginners
For beginners, we considered the pricing to be crucial. We also included some advance options if you want to move ahead with your photography.
1 – Canon EOS Rebel T100 DSLR
The Canon EOS Rebel is a whole package for all the beginners out there. You get everything you need for photography along with the camera. Starting from the camera body to memory cards. You won’t have to go anywhere else.
Now, coming to the camera, it’s an excellent option for beginning your photography journey. It has got scene intelligence for detecting the best scene settings automatically.
This one comes with a CMOS sensor of 18 megapixels. The image processor inside is DIGIC 4+. This has a 9-point autofocus function.
It has got an LCD for showing you the colours and picture quality. You can record 1080p videos on this one at 29.9 FPS.
Furthermore, you get excellent guidance through the canon app. It has got Wi-Fi connectivity for quick sharing as well. The pricing of the Canon EOS Rebel is within range for anyone who wants to start.
No products found.
- It’s very much affordable
- High-quality pictures
- Easy to understand
- Doesn’t require much knowledge
- Supports various lenses
- You can record full HD videos
- Nothing in particular
2 – Kodak PIXPRO Astro Zoom AZ652-BK
Kodak is a renowned name in the photography world. The Kodak Pixpro is a camera for all the beginners out there.
It doesn’t come with too much fancy stuff. But when it’s about starting with photography, you can surely get this one.
The camera comes with a 65x zooming capability. It has got 20-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor inside.
After every click of your pictures, you can check them out on the 3” articulating LCD. You can take your photos in either JPEG format or RAW.
So, you have options for telling the best story with your pictures.
Aside from that, the burst shoot mode comes at 5FPS. It lets you capture every action in a moving subject precisely. And if you want to capture seamless movement, there is always the option to record videos at 720p.
It’s effortless to operate and comes with Wi-Fi connectivity. For the price you will get a lot, that’s for sure.
- Kodak PIXPRO Astro Zoom AZ652-BK 20MP Digital Camera with 65X Optical Zoom and 3" LCD (Black)
- Package Dimensions: 7.56 L x 4.56 H x 6.85 W (inches)
- Package Weight : 2.19 pounds
- Country of Origin : China
- Excellent picture quality
- 65x zooming works perfectly
- Great for taking wide-angle pictures
- Works well with lens filters
- There are some bugs
- Works only with wide-angle lenses
3 – Panasonic LUMIX G7KS 4K Mirrorless Camera
If you want to step up your game in photography, this is the camera to do that.
Some mirrorless cameras let you into the cleanest photograph you can get. And along with that speciality, this offers a lot more.
This one has got a 16-megapixel sensor with a state of the art image processor. Equipped with this, you will never get images that degrade in quality.
For the best image and video quality, this is the way to go.
The thing that differentiates this one from other digital cameras is the 4K shooting mode.
You can take pictures in 4k without trying too hard. Just record a 4k video and get the perfect moment you desire from there.
Options are endless with this camera. You can expand all you want. And the weight makes it so easy for you to carry it around without stressing your arms.
The autofocus tracking is commendable you won’t need to worry even a little there.
- Superb DSLM image quality without the bulk and weight of traditional DSLRs
- Never miss a photo with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes
- Fast and precise auto focusing tracks the subject; Focus mode AFS (single) / AFF (flexible) / AFC (continuous) / MF, AF mode face/eye detection / tracking / 49 area / custom Multi / 1 area / pinpoint
- Class leading, ultra compact, interchangeable lens and accessory option; HDMI: MicroHDMI TypeD / VIERA Link,video: Auto / 4K / 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p, Audio: Stereo
- Unwire your creativity with integrated Wi Fi sharing
- Fast autofocus tracking
- Provides excellent depth of field
- Has a silent shooting feature
- Comes with Wi-Fi connectivity
- Features 4K videography
- A bit pricey for beginners
4 – Nikon D5600 DSLR Camera
Going into professional photography requires a standard. This camera meets all the criteria for professional photography.
Even for the beginners, this is an excellent option if you are pursuing photography as a profession.
It has got a 24.2 MP CMOS sensor with DX-format. With the EXPEED 4 image processor, you can take incredible low light photographs now and then. The autofocus on this works rapidly in every case.
Burst mode comes with a frame rate of 5 frames per second. So, you will never miss a moment when you have got this camera in your hand.
Even though the purpose isn’t shooting videos, but it does the job very well. You can record Full-HD videos that are no less than cinema quality.
When you move to the manual settings, you can unlock a whole new realm in your images. And along with all that the Wi-Fi connectivity gives you different smart options to go along in the camera. All these certainly make your life much more comfortable.
- AF S DX 18 140mm f/3.5 5.6G ED VR Lens
- 24.2MP DX Format CMOS Sensor
- 3.2 inches 1.037m Dot Vari Angle Touchscreen; Battery : EN EL14a Rechargeable Li ion Battery
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi Fi with NFC
- Captures high-quality images
- Excellent focus speed
- Full-HD video recording
- Has a lot of smart options
- Easy to operate auto mode
- A bit expensive
5 – Panasonic LUMIX FZ300
Are you looking to get way ahead of the competition? Then this can help you in lots of ways if you have the skills. It comes with a lot of high-end features with an attractive price tag.
The selling point of the camera has to be 4k quality photos. The camera extracts high-quality images from 4K videos.
Adding to that comes the 24x zoom for distant shots. And with the f2.8 aperture, you can shoot in low light without worrying about the image quality.
Build quality of this camera is astonishing. It is dustproof and splash-proof. So, you can click images at any condition at all.
The focusing on this camera is super-fast and comes with DFD technology. You get a good depth of field in every picture you click.
- 4K video & 4K photo: Panasonic’s exclusive 4K photo technology uses 30 frames per second in high resolution 4K ultra HD video to extract them as photos; You’ll never miss that moment again
- Leica DC Vario Elmarit lens: 24x zoom (25 600 millimeter with Full zoom range F2; 8 aperture for enhanced low light shooting meeting the stringent quality standards established by Leica
- High image Quality: The 12.1 Megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor with the venus engine excels in diffraction compensation, yielding images that are crisp & Free from artifacts associated with small aperture settings
- Rugged Camera Design: Splash Proof/dustproof rugged camera design with tight seals on every Joint, dial and button, so it stands up to harsh weather conditions and challenging
- 5 Axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilizer Plus: Reduces blur from 1 handed video shooting by compensating for 5 types of movement; Level shot function detects horizon line & maintains it, even if the camera is tilted
- High-quality 4k images
- Performs well in low light conditions
- Features 12 fps burst mode
- Durable camera body
- Has a touch panel for setting quick focus
- Optical image stabilization in 5-axis
- Nothing in particular
6 – Sony Alpha a6000
The Sony Alpha is an option for both beginner and advance photographers. If you want something out of your photography journey, you can get this one in your inventory.
The first thing about this camera is that this is a mirrorless camera. If you are looking for such a camera, this is a great option.
In the game of fast autofocus, this is way ahead of the competition.
It has got 179 autofocus points that can track any subject within seconds. And to get the details and sharpness in those pictures, it has got a 24.3-megapixel EXMOR sensor.
And the image processing uses BIONZ X technology. The resolution on this one is much better than any other DSLR within its range.
An attractive feature of this camera is the compact body and lighter weight. DSLR cameras tend to be a bit heavy and bulky. This one takes away the ugliness while keeping all the standards of a DSLR camera.
Well, talking about its features can go on for the whole day. All you need to know, along with these features is the quality of Sony. You can easily trust their products without second thoughts.
- Ultra fast auto focus with 179 AF points and Focus Sensitivity Range :EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- Compact and lightweight Mirror less camera for everyday use.Compatible OS- Windows Vista SP2-8, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X (v10.6-v10.9)
- Capture Life in high resolution with 24MP APS-C sensor
- Easy and intuitive controls help you shoot Like a Pro
- Smartphone remote control and sharing via NFC and Wi-Fi
- Excellent fast autofocus
- High-resolution pictures
- Easy controls
- Wi-Fi connectivity for quick sharing
- Compact in size and lightweight
- Great for shooting videos
- Very expensive
7 – Nikon D60 DSLR Camera
It’s a common and popular camera choice for many beginners. It’s great for beginners because it lets people get into manual settings of a camera. So, if you want to learn something, then you can get this one and be patient.
This one comes with the Nikon’s very own dust reduction system. It makes sure to keep the sensors clean for clear pictures.
The pictures you get on this don’t need much of image retouching outside the camera. Because it has got some quick retouching options inside the camera that you can try, this saves up a lot of your time.
Configuring this camera doesn’t take much work. It’s effortless to understand all the dynamics of the camera. Once you become more advanced in photography, you will start unlocking all the fantastic things this camera offers.
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
- Continuous shooting at 3 fps; Active Dust Reduction System with Airflow Control
- Includes AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G Vibration Reduction lens
- Extraordinary 10.2-megapixel DX-format Nikon picture quality
- 2.5-inch LCD screen; horizontal and vertical orientation are detected automatically
- Easy to configure
- Features dust reduction system
- Quick responses to clicks
- Accurate autofocusing
- Image retouching options inside
- Various filter effects available
- You have to learn some basics
8 – Nikon D3500
Taking pictures with the Nikon D3500 is as easy as taking photos with a smartphone. If you enable the auto mode, you can take great images with this. So, your functions won’t look bland in photos anymore.
The autofocus on Nikon cameras is extremely efficient.
You can take out the camera and start shooting without concerning the controls. Pictures with this camera come in great colours. Doesn’t require much of your time in post-processing.
Aside from the auto mode, various manual settings can make you a pro. So, you get room to become a better photographer when you move towards manual settings.
Also, the camera is relatively compact, so you can go on the streets to learn different stuff.
- A DSLR that's as easy to use as a point and shoot camera
- Compact, comfortable design that's great for travel and special events
- Image sensor that's 15x larger than those used in typical smartphones for sharper, clearer pictures
- Works with Nikon’s snap bridge app for sharing photos with a compatible smartphone or tablet
- 1080p full hd videos with monaural sound at the touch of a button. Bluetooth version 4.1
- Fast autofocusing
- Has a guide mode for beginners
- Compact in size
- Quality pictures
- Full HD 60FPS videos enabled
- Requires time in manual settings
9 – Nikon D5300
This product is the best representation of classic functions for image qualities along with smart connectivity. You get high-quality images and Wi-Fi connectivity to share them instantly.
Pictures you take on the Nikon D5300 come with an insane level of clarity. You can get every detail you look for in an image.
And the colours you get pop up in your eyes. All of this combined makes every picture from this camera a keeper.
You can take this to wherever you go. The size is compact, and the body is lightweight. Whether it’s a function or an outing, it serves all purposes.
And you don’t need to be a professional to get good photographs on this one. With the auto mode, just a click at the right moment is sufficient.
- 24MP DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter
- 39-point AF system with 3D tracking and 3D matrix metering II
- 5 frames per second continuous shooting
- ISO 100 - 12800 (Expandable to 25600)
- 3.2" Vari-angle LCD with 1,037,000 dots
- Instant sharing through Wi-Fi
- Sharp and clear pictures
- Pops out colours perfectly
- Compact and lightweight
- GPS has some issues
10 – Canon EOS Rebel T7
If you are a person who hates a camera’s complicated settings, this is one of the best digital cameras for beginners. And you won’t need to worry about losing image quality.
The auto-mode on the Canon EOS Rebel is a complete solution to all the beginner issues.
With the DIGIC 4+ image processor inside you can take great looking low light images. These don’t come with any image noise at all.
And the image sensor provides you with high-quality images regardless of the conditions you are in.
It has Wi-Fi connectivity for sharing images on the go and shooting photos handsfree. You can use your smartphone to click pictures with the camera.
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor with is 100–6400 (H: 12800)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology
- 9-Point AF system and AI Servo AF
- Optical Viewfinder with approx 95% viewing coverage
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
- High-quality pictures
- Remote shooting options
- Fast auto-focusing
- Excellent auto mode for beginners
- None in particular
For a beginner, the choices we listed are probably the best ones out there. We kept the price ranges into consideration.
You can find lower prices than this, but they aren’t worthwhile at all. Also, we kept some choices at a higher price. But they are worth the money you pay.
So, if you see yourself getting further in the photography journey, you can try them out. You won’t need to upgrade your gear even if you choose to go for professional photography.
I hope this helps you in your buying decision in the best digital cameras for beginners.
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API