Top 10 Best Commercial Printers for Small Business
When starting a small business, having digital devices is vital as they enable you to smoothen operations.
That’s the reason why entrepreneurs purchase or even hire these digital devices from excellent companies like ExpoCart to help their businesses be more outstanding and grow faster.
One piece of equipment that you must have is a printer. However, printers vary in many ways, from their prices to features.
Therefore, you need to choose one that won’t ruin your budget and still be reliable.
In this article, we look at the best commercial printers that won’t cost you much and will quickly boost efficiency in your small business. So, keep reading to find out which one is the most suitable for you.
1 – HP Page Wide Pro
- Your purchase includes One HP Pro 577dw Color Multifunction Business Printer, D3Q21A model. One Black PageWide Cartridge, One of each: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow PageWide Cartridges. One power cord, one phone cord and user manuals
- Printer dimensions: 31.6” W x 27.3” D x 18.4” H. | Printer Weight: 48.83 lbs.
- Paper tray wide: 9” | Max paper size: 8.5 x 14” (legal size)
- Not inkjet. Not laser. Get the best combination of lowest total cost of ownership, duplex enabled print quality, and speed
- Manage tasks from a 4.3" Touchscreen, and scan digital files directly to email, network folders, and the cloud. Memory, standard - 768 MB
This printer is perfect for small businesses or companies with a heavy workload, which needs colour, high print quality, and blazing-fast performance.
It isn’t only suitable for quality, quick printing, but also the quality of its scanned documents and photocopies are equally excellent.
But with reports of users encountering a small degree of bleed-through thin, cheap paper, we recommend that you use a higher-quality or slightly thicker paper to get impressive results.
The Hp Page Wide Pro also boasts some astoundingly low running costs, in that the higher yield cartridges provide up a ridiculously low price for black & white.
The machine is, however, fast coming in at a print speed of approximately 42 pages a minute. A sheet printed like every 1.43 seconds is best for any small business, which publishes long documents.
2 – Epson Workforce Pro
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink. Cartridges described as Compatible, Remanufactured, refilled or refillable may not work properly or at all. See product description for more details.
- Get performance beyond laser — the workforce Pro WF-3730, powered by Precision Core
- Fast black and color Print speeds — 20 ISO ppm (black) and 10 ISO ppm (color)
- Replace paper less often — 500-sheet capacity, with two paper trays to accommodate different sizes and media types, including envelopes
- Easy on the budget — up to 30 percent lower printing costs vs. Color LaserJet)
This machine provides the right mix of capabilities and features for quite a reasonable cost. It offers excellent printing quality, and it is fast.
Also, it has a slew of different connection options, including Epson’s app and the now-standard Apple AirPrint & Google Cloud Print.
For Android devices, NFC, Near Field Communication, is available for that effortless phone-tp enabling printing.
With this printer, you can print pictures as a fantastic added extra. However, it is the quality and speed of the printing, which makes this machine one to check out.
3 – HP All-in-One Laserjet Pro
- BIG PERFORMANCE IN A SMALL PACKAGE – This compact color laser printer features fastest in class first page out and double-sided printing, plus scan, copy, fax and wireless, as well as an auto document feeder, USB port and 2.7 inch color touchscreen
- FAST PRINT SPEEDS - Prints up to 22 pages per minute black/color, first page out as fast as 10.3 sec black and 11.7 sec color, input tray paper capacity up to 250 sheets. Dimensions Maximum (W X D X H)-16.7 x 18.7 x 13.3 inches
- EASILY PRINT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE – Simply connect your iOS or Android device to the same network as your printer to print, or print without a network using WiFi Direct.Operating temperature range:59 to 86ºF
- THE POWER OF YOUR PRINTER IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND – The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY YOU CAN COUNT ON – Have confidence in your connection with steady performance from dual band WiFi, plus Ethernet capability for wired networking
When you’re looking for a printer that can fit your small working space and still print a lot with quality, HP Laserjet Pro is second to none.
It is quiet, small, and has a high printing speed. Keep in mind that it is a mono printer, so it does not print in colour.
Hp Laserjet Pro is not that expensive to run. The price per page comes at 3.5p and 2.3p for a business owner who is opting for high yield cartridges.
This printer also has an intuitive, easy to use, and distinct touchscreen; it’s ideal if your encounter with printers has been frustrating.
You can as well directly set this machine to email a scanned document with little fuss.
4 – Brother MFC-J6930DW Inkjet Printer
- Your purchase includes One Brother MFC-J6930DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Carton Contents: LC3017 Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow High Yield Ink Cartridges CD-ROM & User Manuals
- Printer dimensions: 22.6” W x 18.8” D x 14.7” H. Printer Weight: 51.6 lbs. Carton dimensions: 22.5” W x 26.5” D x 19.5” H. Carton Weight: 58.4 lbs
- Printer can connect with a USB cable as well as WiFi and other wireless choices
- Print, Copy, Scan, Fax up to 11"x17" Ledger-size scan glass and up to 50-sheet ADF. Single-pass duplex scan/copy and automatic two-sided printing. Machine Noise (Ready/Printing): Approx. 50dB
- Upon activation, Amazon Dash Replenishment measures the toner level and orders more from Amazon when it is low
This business inkjet printer connects easily to a plethora of cloud services like OneNote, OneDrive, Flickr, Facebook, Dropbox, Evernote, and Google Drive. It boosts the potential to print up to A3.
When you’ve used up the ink cartridges, opt for the high yield versions Brother offers.
So, this means that printing will cost 4.2p for a colour page and only 0.8\page for black & white.
The resolution and the paper size you want to print determines the print speed.
However, this printer isn’t going to be breaking records for A4 printing on the black & white setting. The results are impressively quality – a trade-off high-quality for speed.
Also, at higher resolutions, Brother MFC-J6930DW Inkjet Printer is even excellent enough for the design tasks.
5 – Samsung Xpress
This printer provides a unique and convenient way for an android device user to fax, copy, scan, or print from a mobile device.
What you do is tap the smartphone on the Near Field Communication (NFC) sticker and start the job. Also, it provides a connection via Wi-Fi, from mobile devices, and Ethernet.
The monochrome can output roughly 29 pages a minute plus an automatic 2-sided printing. Its main paper tray can fit 250 sheets, and an Eco button can aid one to save 20% on toner.
Additionally, you can use to good advantage the Amazon Dash Replenishment Service with this printer, as well.
6 – Brother HL-L3210CW
- Fast printing to keep you moving: The Brother HLL3210CW Digital Color Printer lets you get things done with up to 19 pages per minute print speed
- Enjoy easy and affordable color printing: Affordably print professional quality, rich, vivid color documents with laser printer quality
- Versatile paper handling helps increase productivity: Help minimize refills with the 250 sheet paper tray, adjusting for letter or legal paper. The manual feed slot handles a variety of paper types and sizes, including card stock, envelopes, etc
- Print and connect your way: The HLL3210CW offers wireless mobile device printing(1) and built in wireless, Wi Fi Direct and USB interfaces
- For use with brother genuine toner: TN223BK, TN223C, TN223M, TN223Y, TN227BK, TN227C, TN227M, TN227Y
Consider this printer if you are looking to find a cheaper, reliable laser printer that you can print in colour occasionally.
This printer can offer up to nineteen pages of output a page in both colour or monochrome and can also print on the sides of a sheet or page in just one pass.
The paper tray holds around 250 sheets while a manual feed slot is used for any other materials, including envelopes and card stock.
Multiple users can also connect to this printer through a single computer via USB or Wi-Fi. Tablet and smartphone users can send any item to Amazon Dash Replenishment Service enabled machine.
7 – Epson Eco Tank ET-3750
- Cartridge-free printing — comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box (1)
- Includes enough ink to print up to 14,000 pages black/11,200 color (2) — equivalent to about 30 ink cartridge sets (3)
- Save up to 80 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles (4) — plus easy-to-fill, supersized ink tanks
- Efficient — 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder; fast auto 2-sided printing
- Versatile — 150-sheet paper capacity, borderless printing up to 8.5" x 11"
All-in-one printers are usually cheaper compared to Eco Tank; its manufacturers make gains by selling ink cartridges at a remarkable markup.
That means that this printer is more costly than most of its rivals; however, it has low running costs.
Today, the ET-3750 is sold with sufficient ink to print an incredible 11, 200 pages in colour, and 14, 000 pages in black & white.
Refilling will cost you roughly 0.005p per page.
Connectivity includes Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB for effortless office printing and Apple’s AirPrint.
8 – Canon Pixma G4500 printer
- With wireless connect and the Canon Print app, use your smartphone to quickly and easily set up your printer and print right from your smartphone or tablet
- With features like AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, auto power On/Off, a built in ADF, and Wi-Fi it's easy to see why Pixma printers are so simple to use
- Connectivity technology: USB. Printer technology: Inkjet
- Save 10 percentage on all ink reorders with Dash Replenishment; Upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low; No subscription fees; Cancel anytime
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Ask Alexa to print your shopping list, to-do list, crosswords, coloring pages, and more; To set up, say “Alexa, discover my printer;” Alexa can also detect when ink or toner is running low and orders more when you need it. Save 10 percentage on all ink or toner smart reorders; Restrictions may apply
The big selling point of this printer is the refillable ink. The ink refills are quite inexpensive, so consider them instead of purchasing high-priced and wasteful cartridges.
This all-in-one printer is more expensive, meaning that purchase is worth for a small business that prints a lot. Extended and overtime use as only then does the machine becomes cheaper than a similar one that uses ink cartridges.
This printer’s design enables the user to keep an eye on the ink levels through the translucent panels, usually at the front. It is ideal for avoiding late-night low ink when you need to print.
9 – Xerox VersaLink B600DN
- Intuitive User Experience, An entirely new - and yet entirely familiar way to interact that includes a tablet-like experience with gesture-based touchscreen controls and easy customization
- Mobile and Cloud Ready, Instant connectivity to cloud and mobile devices right from the user interface, with access to pre-loaded, cloud-hosted services that let you work where, when and how you want
- Benchmark Security, Full multi-level protection for both documents and data, ready to guard against and emerging threats and meet or exceed regulatory compliance
- Total Peace of Mind, Outstanding Xerox Service and Support, with a standard one-year warranty
- Save 10% on all ink reorders with Dash Replenishment, Upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low, No subscription fees, Cancel anytime
Printing 55 pages a minute, Xerox VersaLink B600DN is one of the fastest machines we have come across so far, and that makes it an excellent choice for any busy small business.
This premium printer might seem costly as it is a monochrome device, but a page price is competitive; the cost of higher-capacity toner cartridges of Xerox is very competitive.
Additionally, the intuitive 5-inch touch screen is of high-quality, like the pages this printer puts out.
10 – Oki Commercial Printers
- It offers standard printing, copying, scanning, and faxing
- Enable users to Recycle their old Toners, Drum, and otherconsumables
- This Product is Manufactured in China
Most A3 printers demand a corner in the office, however, not this laser printer.
In spite of its fantastic small footprint, Oki printers have a considerable liking for paper. The user can fit roughly 300 sheets in the paper tray and 100 more sheets in its multipurpose tray.
Also, you can purchase an extra tray to fit another 535 sheets.
You can ass add up to 4 of these as well as a paper roll for printing the long banners. You should know that this printer is not the fastest or best laser printer available in the market today. Still, it is the most flexible A3 printer.
Things to consider when purchasing a commercial printer
For many small businesses, commercial printers look all the same.
However, choosing one can be a decision, which leads to hampered productivity, unneeded expenses, and frustration, if you do not consider it carefully.
Below are some of the features of a commercial printer, which you will want to think about before making your purchase.
• Laser or Inkjet – What kind of ink do you want to use? Ink and toners can significantly vary in budgets, purchase a printer that suits you the best.
• Image quality – What are your needs when printing the images? Are you a writing business, which requires to print text, or a design business, which requires to print quality to show your clients your draft of work or prepare for an exhibit?
• Functions you want – You should know what your office uses frequently and what kind of equipment you have to go for.
• Print speed – The more volume of paper your company needs, then chances are, you will want a high-quality, faster printer.
• Paper handling – Consider purchasing a printer that can print the kind of paper your company wants.
• Connectivity – Ask yourself if a regular computer connection will do, or you want to do the printing from a mobile device. Do you care about wireless connections, or could not care less?
• Other running prices – Think about the brand of cartridges your business wants to use. Refillable cartridges are the best as you might save some cash. However, if you let your ink to run out, it might damage the printer. Think about how much energy it will use, or how much it might cost your business in case the printer breaks down.
What are the Benefits of Commercial Printers for Business?
Even though we are already in the second decade of the 2000s, running an office that is 100% digital is still a long way away. 2007 was the peak for offices printing documents for various reasons; however, the majority of businesses are still relying on printers to run smooth projects and proposals.
With open-plan offices becoming more popular, it is vital to have a commercial printer that everybody can use every day throughout the year.
When you think of printers, you may think of the ones you used in the past that would always jam or never work, but with new technology, printers have become a viable print solution for modern industries.
Operating far more efficiently than other printing machines and outsourcing, inkjet printers make all the difference in terms of speed, professionalism and resolution.
Modern offices can run much more smoothly and save money by investing back into their business with commercial printing systems.
High-Volume Print Technology
Other print solutions often do not have the necessary capabilities to print at a large volume. Inkjet printers are designed to produce thousands of high-quality prints each month to ensure the productivity of fast-paced business.
High-speed, high-quality output meets the needs of a continually expanding modern business. High-volume printers allow for smooth and seamless productivity at a rapid rate. Modern companies need durable, dependable performance they can count on at all times.
High-tech, high-volume printers meet the demands of business owners with high-volume print production, colour, quality at affordable costs.
Laser printers, LED multifunction printers, and single-function units are considered the best choices for businesses that require high-volume printing.
Commercial Printers Offer Unique Colour Printing Options
Colour printing used to be a costly expense for all businesses, so they would usually outsource their printing jobs to a dedicated printing company.
Printing in colour with modern commercial printers are quite affordable, and are continually evolving to help companies save money.
For example, The tiered colour system from Kyocera splits colour printing into three categories: Creative, business and simple.
Their “Simple” tier allows you to print in mostly black and white, but also include a few colour images, like a logo or simple graph.
Their “Business” tier is for businesses who need to print reports that feature coloured graphs, charts and other promotional material.
Their “Creative” tier is for high colour usages, such as brochures and presentations. When you go to an outside printing company, they charge for colour printing for all three of these usage levels at the same flat price.
If you are looking to cut costs to help your bottom line, having a modern commercial printer allows you to print what you want at an affordable price.
Printing in your office from a modern printer is perfect for users who print text-heavy documents but want some colour on it as well.
Today’s printer technology allows users to pay less because the printer can detect how much toner was used on each page. Minimal toner usage means minimum charges.
You could save between 30% to 50% by switching to one of the best commercial printers, rather than finding a printing company.
Printing in colour outside of your office can be very costly because most off-site printing companies charge a flat fee to customers on a per-page basis, no matter how much toner is used.
For example, if you wanted to print five pages with the last one only using half a page, you still get charged the same amount if you had content to fit five full pages.
Whether your company prints or copies a simple text document with a coloured company logo or a full coloured document, modern printers allow you to manage your colour printing costs.
You no longer have to worry about accidentally printing a coloured subject line or a coloured icon with today’s new colour printing technology.
Real-Time, Simple Printing
Outsourced business solution companies may claim to be the most effective and diligent at handling your products for printing. However, there is no guarantee that you will receive a high-quality batch of prints or even have them delivered on time.
Many outsourcing services use antiquated, unreliable printing systems that are either not compatible with your products or will print and produce them at a low-quality.
Printing samples right in the office, in real-time, does not hinder work productivity and is far more comfortable and more accessible than outsourcing.
Today’s commercial printing technologies suit a variety of paper and print materials to ensure your final product is produced at a high-quality. You also become the authority and aware of the print production time and process to be able to monitor the outcome of your prints.
This allows you to make adjustments in real-time as you please instead of having to contact the outsourcing company to make the adjustments for you.
Longer Lasting Technology
Today’s printers can also help you save more money, thanks to the fact that they utilise new technology to keep them running for a more extended amount of time, compared to the printers we used in the past.
With fewer parts that need to be replaced, fewer costly breakdowns, and new toner technology, so you do not need to change it out as often, it will save you money that you can invest back into your business.
Faster Printing Times
In an office with many employees, you need commercial printers to handle a high volume of print jobs from various computers.
If you have five different employees printing major proposals or project materials at the same time, a modern printer can handle the load and print each page at a faster speed. If you have an older printer in your office, you need to upgrade it because you cannot have people waiting around the printer as a client waits in your boardroom.
A few studies have shown that a lot of young workers print more frequently than their older counterparts.
Millennials are quickly becoming the most prominent age group in the workforce as Baby Boomers, and even some Gen Xers, are beginning to retire.
With them printing large documents more often, you need a modern printer that can keep up. Today’s printers can print up to 60 pages per minute, which is one page per second! There will be no standing around the printer in your office, wasting money and time.
Data and Privacy Protection
So far, in this article, we have highlighted the advances in printing technology. Unfortunately, the technology in the hacking community has also advanced.
Hackers can intercept faxes, scans, and print jobs to access sensitive information.
Also, if you do have to print something with sensitive information, sending it to an outside company can be risky as you do not personally know the people who will be seeing and printing the pages for you.
If you invest in commercial printers for your office, you can control who can view the printed documents. If you have a sizeable digital security system in place, it will be impossible for an outsider to hack into the printer to steal data.
Technical and Customer Support
There is no middle-man when you own commercial printers. This is an advantage because if an outside printing company experiences a breakdown, they may not be transparent about it, leaving you waiting for your delivery to arrive.
With advanced, modern commercial printers, you will usually have access to a dedicated support team to help you fix any problems you are having in real-time.
Sleek Design and Ink Efficiency
Having sleek printing technology in your commercial office contributes to the professional, successful image of your business.
This can pique the interest and intrigue of employees, customers and clients alike. High-quality printing should not sacrifice a sleek, visually appealing design.
Large, grey, obnoxious printers are antiquated and are not suitable for a progressive, professional and lucrative commercial business. Sleek and sophisticated printers are perfect for modern companies in today’s digital era.
Ink efficient printers are the way of the modern world. In the past, businesses would have to spend more on ink cartridges than the printing unit itself.
Today’s commercial printers are designed to keep the cost of ink down for small, medium and large businesses.
Printers that offer duplex printing, which prints on both sides of the paper, save ink, paper and time. Be wary of commercial printing companies that sell cheap, inefficient machines.
Often, they charge a premium on the ink itself. Opting to buy commercial printers from a reputable, genuine industrial printer supplier gives you the right printer to meet your business demands.
When dealing with your printing needs, you need to think more than just the printer! You need to take into account your employees, clients, money, and time, among many other vital elements.
With so many options available, you are sure to find the best commercial printers that will suit your unique and specific needs.
Ellie King is a Content Writer for BreezeMaxWeb: Online Media Solutions, helping clients rank higher on Google through crafting blogs and website content. Outside of work, Ellie likes to spend time reading, watching documentaries and hiking.
Last update on 2020-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API