Top 10 Useful Devices For A Marketing Manager
The marketing industry has been progressing at a fast-paced in the past years due to the rise of technology. Thousands of new devices get introduced and innovated yearly for people to have better digital experiences.
From laptops to smartwatches, almost all devices have more advanced alternatives to cater to individuals and business sectors who need unique technology features for their profession.
With the continuous rise of innovative technology, sometimes it can be challenging to choose which devices are necessary for your line of work, especially when you’re in the ever-progressing marketing industry.
Listing here our top ten favourite devices that every marketing manager should have:
1 – MacBook Pro
Apple is a household name for gadgets, so most of their products are the most in-demand gadgets of all time regardless of how expensive they get. Take, for example, the MacBook Pro.
Apple’s MacBook Pro is probably the most sought-after laptop among professionals. It’s a sleek and heavy-duty laptop that works well for anyone!
If you’re a marketing manager and have the money for it, why settle for less when you can have a MacBook Pro?
Aside from carrying the iconic bitten-apple logo, here are reasons why you and the rest of the population of professionals need a MacBook Pro:
- Powered with the first pro chips innovated by Apple, the M1 Pro and M1 Max will take your experience to a new level and will probably scare you with how fast its system works.
- Mac is notoriously known for being a beginner-friendly laptop. So if it’s your first time getting yourself a MacBook Pro, fret not. It’s easier to figure it out than your mathematics equation. Plus factor is that it has a touch bar that provides intuitive functions.
- It’s not a secret to everyone how reliable and secure Apple products are. Only a few malware exists for Mac because of its exclusivity. Even when Mac is not completely invulnerable to viruses and malware, the Mac OS systems give a different level of protective layers to your data which secures your files and online activities better than Windows. The heightened Mac security is ideal for marketing managers, especially those who do a lot of market research for generating leads and mapping out strategies.
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — The 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop is a portable powerhouse. Get more done faster with a next-generation 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU and up to 24GB of unified memory.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day and into the night, thanks to the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip.
- SUSTAINED PERFORMANCE — Thanks to its active cooling system, the 13-inch MacBook Pro can sustain pro levels of performance, so you can run CPU- and GPU-intensive tasks for hours on end.
- BRILLIANT DISPLAY — The 13.3-inch Retina display features 500 nits of brightness and P3 wide colour for vibrant images and incredible detail.
- HD CAMERA AND STUDIO-QUALITY MICS — Look sharp and sound great with a FaceTime HD camera and three-mic array.
2 – Apple iPhone
Of course, if you’re using a MacBook Pro, then you need a smartphone that matches its unique architecture, and what better phone to go with a MacBook than an iPhone?
Apple has just recently released its new iPhone series last 2021, and even though the iPhone 13 series come at a high price, it’s your best choice when picking an iPhone if you’re going to use it for work.
From its impressive unique camera qualities to its outstanding processor, the iPhone 13 series already has made a name despite being just launched a few months ago.
Here are some qualities of the iPhone 13 series that could help you as a marketing manager:
- The iPhone 13 series is powered by an A15 Bionic chip, an upgrade of iPhone 12’s impressive A14 Bionic chip. The new A15 processor is equipped with six cores and 5-nanometer technology, allowing it to perform faster and more efficiently than the A14. It’s simply faster and smoother than all of its predecessors, enabling you to have a portable work device that you can bring anywhere and use for your working applications.
- The iPhone 13 series has the same camera features as iPhone 12. Still, the iPhone 13 lineup Pro has camera enhancement features like sensor-shift optical image stabilisation, usually found in DSLR cameras. Its camera sensor lets you take photos and videos with more fantastic details on areas lacking light, which you can use when working in the marketing industry.
- The iPhone 13 series also have a more optimised battery life, so you won’t have to worry about it blacking out suddenly when you’re using it for work.
- This phone is unlocked and compatible with any carrier of choice on GSM and CDMA networks (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, Cricket, Metro, Tracfone, Mint Mobile, etc.).
- Tested for battery health and guaranteed to have a minimum battery capacity of 80%.
- Successfully passed a full diagnostic test which ensures like-new functionality and removal of any prior-user personal information.
- The device does not come with headphones or a SIM card. It does include a generic (Mfi certified) charger and charging cable.
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not noticeable when the device is held at arm's length.
3 – USB Flash drive
If you think you don’t need a USB flash drive anymore because you’re using applications such as google drive, dropbox, and file-saving tools, then you’re wrong.
Most laptops used by marketing professionals may always have massive storage space for work purposes. You still need a portable storage device to save your files and access them even when you’re not using the internet.
You’ll never know what can happen one day, which is why storing essential files in a flash drive can be helpful in case you’ll encounter internet connection problems or laptop system malfunctions.
The storage sizes of USB flash drives vary. You can find ones with ample storage space so you can save soft copies of marketing plans, publicity materials, contracts, content blueprints, and more.
You can have your USB flash drive encrypted with a password if you’re worried about the security. Marketing professionals should always be proactive in saving and securing their files, mainly because they have deadlines to meet and deliverables to submit.
- High-speed USB 3.0 performance of up to 150MB/s(1) [(1) Write to drive up to 15x faster than standard USB 2.0 drives (4MB/s); varies by drive capacity. Up to 150MB/s read speed. USB 3.0 port required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, usage conditions, and other factors; 1MB=1,000,000 bytes]
- Transfer a full-length movie in less than 30 seconds(2) [(2) Based on 1.2GB MPEG-4 video transfer with USB 3.0 host device. Results may vary based on host device, file attributes and other factors]
- Transfer to drive up to 15 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives(1)
- Sleek, durable metal casing
- Easy-to-use password protection for your private files(3) [(3)Password protection uses 128-bit AES encryption and is supported by Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Mac OS X v10.9 plus; Software download required for Mac, visit the SanDisk SecureAccess support page]
4 – Power Bank
Even when you live in urban areas that are not affected by rotational brownouts or your location is just highly modernised that it is not prone to having problems with electricity access, you still need a power bank.
A power bank is a portable backup battery for your phone. You can charge your phones, iPad, or tablet up to 5 times in full batteries with good quality power banks that have higher milliamp-hour.
It has different numbers of milliamp hours of mAh. The mAh of the power bank is its energy storage capacity level. The higher the mAh, the more devices you can charge with it.
Power banks are also very reliable during travel. When you’re a marketing manager, sometimes you go to other places to attend marketing seminars or conventions as a representative of the company, which is where power banks come in handy.
Bringing a power bank anywhere you go can put your mind at ease because you will not miss any emails or work calls due to battery shortage when you have a power bank.
- Portable Chargers are very compact ,they are not only for portable charging but also around the home making it a favorite for travel.You could benefit from these battery packs When you go out.Allowing you charge mobile devices without having to be tethered to a plug socket. You could get more convenience and happiness from these high-quality power banks.
- Power Bank has 15000 mAh ultra-high capacity can give you an excellent battery life experience. Keep Your phone running all day.Without extra worry about low phone battery.
- Portable Charger with 5V 3.1A 2 USB Output ports ,which can fast charge 2 devices at the same time.You can share with your companions to get rid of worries about the battery life of your phone. The USB C and Micro USB input ports can fully refill the battery itself in 4-5 hrs at 5V 2.0A.
- Power bank bulit-in Intelliegent Controlling IC can automatically identify and is universally compatible with all products, It switches the corresponding current and voltage to charge the device. Also IC can convert fluctuating current into stable current, It can effectively prevent your power bank overcharge, overvoltage, overcurrent and short circuit.Bring you the safe using experience.
- Power bank uses the safe high-density lithium polymer battery module, which is more compact and has a larger battery capacity, It exceeds the traditional Lithium ion battery on safety.The safety of customers is most concerned about ,Customer satisfaction is our greatest motivation. We sincerely hope that this shopping experience will bring you good memory.
5 – iPad
IPads are like the hybrid of smartphones and laptops. It can function like a laptop but is as portable as a phone, so it works in two very convenient ways. Of course, when it comes to brands for iPads, Apple is one of the leading ones.
Apple iPads are very functional, and they have applications for iOS that are appropriate for someone who works in the marketing field.
IPads are very convenient to use when you travel a lot, or when you need to go to the office and tasks are not that heavy that you can leave your laptop at home and bring your iPad instead for easy carry.
When you’re a marketing manager who may sketch a lot, maps out strategies, and take down notes during meetings and presentations, the iPad can be a helpful device to you.
Apple released a new series of iPad in 2021, and they come in different units and storage sizes. If you look for an iPad after reading this article, here are additional points that may help you decide better:
- The iPad Pro was released in 2021, powered with the M1 chip. The M1 chip is used for Macs and now is also used for Apple’s new iPad Pro to deliver breakthrough performance like their Macs. According to Apple, the iPad Pro is their fastest iPad so far, with an 8-core CPU that has 50% faster performance than previous units.
- The iPad Pro has a 12.9” liquid retina XDR display, a higher and more detailed resolution essential for editing, drawing, and watching.
- WHY IPAD PRO — iPad Pro is the ultimate iPad experience, with the astonishing performance of the M2 chip, superfast wireless connectivity, and next-generation Apple Pencil experience. Plus powerful productivity features in iPadOS.
- IPADOS + APPS — iPadOS makes iPad more productive, intuitive, and versatile. With iPadOS, run multiple apps at once, use Apple Pencil to write in any text field with Scribble, and edit and share photos. Stage Manager makes multitasking easy with resizable, overlapping apps and external display support. iPad Pro comes with essential apps like Safari, Messages, and Keynote, with over a million more apps available on the App Store.
- FAST WI-FI CONNECTIVITY — Wi-Fi 6E gives you fast wireless connections. Work from almost anywhere with quick transfers of photos, documents, and large video files.
- PERFORMANCE AND STORAGE — The 8-core CPU in the M2 chip delivers powerful performance, while the 10‑core GPU provides blazing-fast graphics. Add all-day battery life, and you can do everything you can imagine on iPad Pro. Up to 2 terabytes of storage means you can store everything from apps to large files like 4K video.
- APPLE PENCIL AND MAGIC KEYBOARD — Apple Pencil (2nd generation) transforms iPad Pro into an immersive drawing canvas and the world’s best note‑taking device. Magic Keyboard features a great typing experience and a built‑in trackpad, while doubling as a protective cover for iPad.
6 – Smartwatch
A smartwatch might seem to be more of a luxury than a necessity, but to a busy marketing manager who’s always on the go, it’s as helpful as a smartphone.
Smartwatches from different brands offer different features; however, most have messaging features. You can connect your smartphone to a smartwatch.
When you’re in the middle of a meeting, and you didn’t bring your phone, you can still be notified of new messages or incoming calls through a smartwatch without disrupting your focus. You can also check new emails, if you may.
The most popular feature of a smartwatch is the health monitor. A smartwatch can monitor your health for you, count the steps you made in 24 hours, and check your blood pressure from time to time.
The health monitor feature can be helpful most of the time for busy marketing managers, who lose time to exercise and watch out for their health.
Although the health monitor may not be as accurate as a real-life doctor’s observation, it still gives you an idea of your current health status, which allows you to take action if needed.
Some smartwatches can also play music and have other mobile applications. There is a wide variety of smartwatches out there.
You only need to pick one that’s within your budget and that you think has features that could be helpful for your daily routine.
- 【ALEXA & GPS BUILT-IN】You can talk to Amazon Alexa on your Amazfit Bip U Pro smartwatch, Ask questions, get translations, check the weather, control your smart home devices and more. And get precise tracking of your distance, daily step count thanks to integrated GPS..Water resistance depth:50 meters.Suported Application:Alarm,Breath Monitor,Calendar,Calorie Tracker,Heart Rate Monitor. Connectivity technology:GPS. Wireless comm standard:Bluetooth
- 【60plus SPORTS MODES & 5 ATM WATER RESISTANT】Featuring 60plus sports modes to help you exercise at a higher level. Water-resistant upto 50 meters, you can wear the fitness watch for swimming and it will record your achievements even underwater.
- 【MORE HEALTH TRACKING METRICS】The Amazfit Bip U Pro smart watch can provide all-around health tracking, allowing you to accurately track 24-hour heart rate, blood oxygen levels, stress levels, sleep quality, and female menstrual cycle.
- 【LONG 9-DAY BATTERY LIFE】When fully charged you can relax and enjoy more than a full week of travel or work without worrying about chargers.
- 【DESIGN FOR ALL-DAY COMFORT】Amazfit Bip U Pro fitness tracker only weighs 31 grams, An ultra-light design you can barely feel when striving for peak performance. Featuring a 1.43” large color screen with 320x302 pixel resolution, creates an exquisite visual display, making all incoming calls, messages, and reminders extremely clear.
7 – Noise-cancelling Headphones
Now that most companies are doing work-at-home setups, you need a headphone that has a noise-cancellation feature you can use for meetings held in Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more.
Even if you have an office set up in the comfort of your home, you cannot control the natural rowdiness and background noise that will come from your fellow housemates and neighbourhood.
You can never really tell, but you could be in a middle of a meeting when an ambulance passes or your neighbour plays loud music on their speakers all of a sudden, or your dog is barking at the delivery guy.
Such cases that occur naturally around your neighbourhood can never be avoided, and to be prepared in times like this, you need a noise-cancelling headset.
When you’re a marketing manager, there will always be regular meetings, and at one point, you will be the one speaking in a meeting.
A noise-cancelling headset can not only make you hear your workmates better. Still, it can also benefit them by hearing you clearer and better, so you can avoid miscommunication during online meetings and presentations.
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Hi-Res Audio: Custom oversized 40 mm dynamic drivers produce Hi-Res sound. Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones reproduce music with extended high frequencies that reach up to 40 kHz for extraordinary clarity and detail.
- Reduce Ambient Noises By Up to 90%: Our team of engineers conducted more than 100,000 tests in real-life scenarios to fine-tune Life Q20’s 4 built-in ANC microphones and digital active noise cancellation algorithm. As a result, the hybrid active noise cancellation can detect and cancel out a wider range of low and mid-frequency noises such as cars and airplane engines.
- 100% Stronger Bass: Our exclusive BassUp technology conducts real-time analysis of the low frequencies to instantly strengthen the bass output. Double press the play button when listening to bass-heavy genres like EDM and hip-hop for an amplified listening experience.
- 40-Hour Playtime*: Up to 40 hours of non-stop playtime in wireless active noise cancellation mode (at 60% volume) is extended to an enormous 60 hours in standard music mode. A single charge gives you enough juice to listen to over 600 songs or soundtrack multiple long haul flights. And when you’re in a rush, charge Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones for 5 minutes and get 4 hours of listening.
8 – Printer With Scanner
This device may probably be the most controversial addition to our list of must-have devices for a marketing manager, but trust me, you might need it.
Companies provide printers and scanners because these devices are necessary for regular office use. However, if your current work setup is work-at-home or skeletal, you need a printer at home because you’re not always at the office to access the printers and scanners provided by the company.
A marketing manager works with many files and creative materials, and more often than not, these files and creative materials need to be in hardcopies.
Computer shops are not always open, and sometimes you don’t even have computer shops in your area, so having a printer with a scanner is the safest option if you want to be always ready if you need printed files for your presentation or presentation deliverables.
- 6 FREE MONTHS INSTANT INK SUBSCRIPTION when you activate HP+ – Print up to 700 pages a month. Ink ships to you automatically so you never run out. After 6 months, monthly fee applies unless cancelled, and you'll save up to 50% on ink.
- INCLUDES FREE HP+ SMART FEATURES – Activate HP+ free to get advanced features for mobile printing, security, automatic updates and more. HP+ only works with an HP account, internet connection and Original HP Ink for the life of the printer.
- BEST FOR BASIC PRINTING – Print basic color documents like recipes, forms and travel documents. Dynamic security enabled printer
- KEY FEATURES – Print, copy and scan in color, plus mobile and wireless printing
- EASY SETUP – Get started fast on any device with the HP Smart app that guides you step by step
9 – Microphone
A microphone is not necessarily something you need to have, but you might need it one day.
A marketing manager joins meetings regularly to coordinate with the marketing team and other departments. Most of the time, the manager will be the one to present in some sessions.
When presenting in a meeting, you need to be clear, and sometimes even when you speak, your microphone’s quality isn’t enough.
Investing in a good microphone for laptops/PCs will give you quality audio feedback to those at the receiving end of your audio, so your fellow employees understand every point of the meeting.
- Custom three-capsule array: This professional USB mic produces clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound for YouTube videos, Twitch game streaming, podcasting, Zoom meetings, music recording and more
- Blue VOICE software: Elevate your streamings and recordings with clear broadcast vocal sound and entertain your audience with enhanced effects, advanced modulation and HD audio samples
- Four pickup patterns: Flexible cardioid, omni, bidirectional, and stereo pickup patterns allow you to record in ways that would normally require multiple mics, for vocals, instruments and podcasts
- Onboard audio controls: Headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and mic gain put you in charge of every level of the audio recording and streaming process
- Positionable design: Pivot the mic in relation to the sound source to optimize your sound quality thanks to the adjustable desktop stand and track your voice in real time with no-latency monitoring
10 – Wireless Telephone
Telephones are still used as an essential office communication tool. It’s cheaper than using load credits for smartphones, and it’s straightforward. Just call and no other gimmicks.
Since technology has been progressing more, there are now wireless telephones. Wireless telephones are more advanced than regular telephones but lesser innovative than smartphones.
You can record phone calls through wireless telephones, and it’s portable! You can bring it anywhere with you as long as you need it for work.
Every manager of every department needs to be readily available for clients and their employees, so having a telephone is a convenient communication device because most households have them.
It’s also easier to reach hotlines through telephone calls when there are emergencies, so a wireless telephone is helpful for work and other functions.
- [DECT 6.0 enables Long Range & Clear Sound] - Trusted by families worldwide for decades, VTech' s cordless telephone transmits secure signals via DECT 6.0 channel ensures crystal clear sounds, interference-free, and stable operation range up to 1000 ft outdoor.
- [Backlit Display & Keypad for Better Visibility] - Blue-white backlit display and green backlit keypad for easier viewing and dialing in dim light. Handset displays the name, number, time and date of incoming calls.
- [Speak & Hear simultaneously with Full-Duplex Speakerphone] - Full-duplex handset speakerphone. Enjoy a speakerphone that can keep up with your calls. Increase participation by allowing both ends to speak - and be heard - at the same time for conversations that are more true to life.
- [Easy access to essential feature[Access phonebook & logs for quick calls] - 30 names and numbers phonebook directory. 20 names and numbers caller ID records. 5 last called number records.s] - One-touch volume control and mute button. You can silence your phone for a single call or for an extended period of time. When set to Quiet Mode, the handset and base ringers are disabled, so you'll have one fewer interruptions in your busy home.
- [Easy Wall Mount] - Easy-to-Use wall mount capability - The base mounts easily to all of the standard wall mount plates. No additional bracket needed. Simply slide the base unit into the mounting plate using the built-in mounting holes.
Technologies play a crucial role in every aspect of our lives. Most companies nowadays are dependent on technologies for daily business operations and transactions.
Without technology, many jobs will make no sense because how can they function without devices and the internet? Like the job of a marketing manager.
Mostly their roles are focused on technology-based processes, so they need all the help of different devices to ensure their work is quality while following company standards.
The devices listed here are some of the devices that could be essential for a marketing manager to perform more proactively.
Last update on 2023-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API