Top 10 Useful Devices For A Marketing Manager
The marketing industry has been progressing at a fast-paced in the past years due to the rise of technology. Thousands of new devices get introduced and innovated yearly for people to have better digital experiences.
With the continuous rise of innovative technology, sometimes it can be challenging to choose which devices are necessary for your line of work, especially when you’re in the ever-progressing marketing industry.
Listing here our top ten favourite devices that every marketing manager should have:
1 – MacBook Pro
Apple is a household name for gadgets, so most of their products are the most in-demand gadgets of all time regardless of how expensive they get. Take, for example, the MacBook Pro.
Apple’s MacBook Pro is probably the most sought-after laptop among professionals. It’s a sleek and heavy-duty laptop that works well for anyone!
If you’re a marketing manager and have the money for it, why settle for less when you can have a MacBook Pro?
Aside from carrying the iconic bitten-apple logo, here are reasons why you and the rest of the population of professionals need a MacBook Pro:
- Powered with the first pro chips innovated by Apple, the M1 Pro and M1 Max will take your experience to a new level and will probably scare you with how fast its system works.
- Mac is notoriously known for being a beginner-friendly laptop. So if it’s your first time getting yourself a MacBook Pro, fret not. It’s easier to figure it out than your mathematics equation. Plus factor is that it has a touch bar that provides intuitive functions.
- It’s not a secret to everyone how reliable and secure Apple products are. Only a few malware exists for Mac because of its exclusivity. Even when Mac is not completely invulnerable to viruses and malware, the Mac OS systems give a different level of protective layers to your data which secures your files and online activities better than Windows. The heightened Mac security is ideal for marketing managers, especially those who do a lot of market research for generating leads and mapping out strategies.
- 61W USB C Charger - With 6.56ft (2 Meter) extension charge cable. Input: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, Output: USB - PD 20.4V/4.3A , 20V/2.25A , 18V/3A , 15V/3A , 12V/3A , 9V/3A ( Identify your devices automatically and provide the fastest and most efficient output current ); 5V/2.4A. You can use this adapter for lower wattage different model.
- Compatibility - 61 W USB-C Fit for macbook 12 inch After 2015 (A1706, A1707, A1708, A1534) ; for MacBook Pro 13-inch After 2016 : MLL42, MLUQ2, MLH12, MLVP2, MNQF2, MNQG2, MPDK2, MPDL2xx/A ; for MacBook Pro 13-inch 2017 : MPXQ2 ,MPXR2, MPXT2, MPXU2, MPXV2, MPXW2, MPXX2, MPXY2, MQ002, MQ012xx/A ; for MacBook Pro 13-inch 2018 : MR9Q2, MR9R2, MR9T2, MR9U2, MR9V2xx/A ; for MacBook Air Retina 13 inch 2018 : MRE82, MREA2, MREE2, MRE92, MREC2, MREF2, MUQT2, MUQU2, MUQV2xx/A.
- Type C Connector Laptop & Phone Charger - Compatible with Lenovo Yoga C930-13, Yoga 920-13, Yoga S730-13, Yoga 730-13, IdeaPad 730s-13, GX20P92530, 4X20M26268, for Samsung Chromebook Pro, for Google ChromeBook Pixel, PixelBook, for Dell XPS 13/ 12, for ASUS Transformer 3, for Huawei Matebook and more USB-C & Type C charging port laptop ; for iPad Pro 12.9 Gen 4/3 2020/2018, for iPad Pro 11 Gen 2/1.
- Safety - Power adapters is in compliance with top industry standards and include numerous safety mechanisms. It is against over current, over voltage, over load, internal overheating, short-circuit protection and auto recovery, certificated with UL/CE/FCC/RoHS standard. We assurance our products will charge your device as efficiently as the original charger, or any other replacement.
- After sell service: We have always been committed to provide products of superior quality at unbeatable prices, and believe that our products will bring you a pleasant experience. If you have any questions about the items, please feel free to contact our customer service team, we will reply you within 24 hours
2 – Apple iPhone
Of course, if you’re using a MacBook Pro, then you need a smartphone that matches its unique architecture, and what better phone to go with a MacBook than an iPhone?
Apple has just recently released its new iPhone series last 2021, and even though the iPhone 13 series come at a high price, it’s your best choice when picking an iPhone if you’re going to use it for work.
From its impressive unique camera qualities to its outstanding processor, the iPhone 13 series already has made a name despite being just launched a few months ago.
Here are some qualities of the iPhone 13 series that could help you as a marketing manager:
- The iPhone 13 series is powered by an A15 Bionic chip, an upgrade of iPhone 12’s impressive A14 Bionic chip. The new A15 processor is equipped with six cores and 5-nanometer technology, allowing it to perform faster and more efficiently than the A14. It’s simply faster and smoother than all of its predecessors, enabling you to have a portable work device that you can bring anywhere and use for your working applications.
- The iPhone 13 series has the same camera features as iPhone 12. Still, the iPhone 13 lineup Pro has camera enhancement features like sensor-shift optical image stabilisation, usually found in DSLR cameras. Its camera sensor lets you take photos and videos with more fantastic details on areas lacking light, which you can use when working in the marketing industry.
- The iPhone 13 series also have a more optimised battery life, so you won’t have to worry about it blacking out suddenly when you’re using it for work.
- This phone is unlocked and compatible with any carrier of choice on GSM and CDMA networks (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, Cricket, Metro, Tracfone, Mint Mobile, etc.).
- Tested for battery health and guaranteed to have a minimum battery capacity of 80%.
- Successfully passed a full diagnostic test which ensures like-new functionality and removal of any prior-user personal information.
- The device does not come with headphones or a SIM card. It does include a generic (Mfi certified) charger and charging cable.
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not noticeable when the device is held at arm's length.
3 – USB Flash drive
If you think you don’t need a USB flash drive anymore because you’re using applications such as google drive, dropbox, and file-saving tools, then you’re wrong.
Most laptops used by marketing professionals may always have massive storage space for work purposes. You still need a portable storage device to save your files and access them even when you’re not using the internet.
You’ll never know what can happen one day, which is why storing essential files in a flash drive can be helpful in case you’ll encounter internet connection problems or laptop system malfunctions.
The storage sizes of USB flash drives vary. You can find ones with ample storage space so you can save soft copies of marketing plans, publicity materials, contracts, content blueprints, and more.
You can have your USB flash drive encrypted with a password if you’re worried about the security. Marketing professionals should always be proactive in saving and securing their files, mainly because they have deadlines to meet and deliverables to submit.
- High-speed USB 3.0 performance of up to 150MB/s(1) [(1) Write to drive up to 15x faster than standard USB 2.0 drives (4MB/s); varies by drive capacity. Up to 150MB/s read speed. USB 3.0 port required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, usage conditions, and other factors; 1MB=1,000,000 bytes]
- Transfer a full-length movie in less than 30 seconds(2) [(2) Based on 1.2GB MPEG-4 video transfer with USB 3.0 host device. Results may vary based on host device, file attributes and other factors]
- Transfer to drive up to 15 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives(1)
- Sleek, durable metal casing
- Easy-to-use password protection for your private files(3) [(3)Password protection uses 128-bit AES encryption and is supported by Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Mac OS X v10.9+; Software download required for Mac, visit the SanDisk SecureAccess support page]
4 – Power Bank
Even when you live in urban areas that are not affected by rotational brownouts or your location is just highly modernised that it is not prone to having problems with electricity access, you still need a power bank.
A power bank is a portable backup battery for your phone. You can charge your phones, iPad, or tablet up to 5 times in full batteries with good quality power banks that have higher milliamp-hour.
It has different numbers of milliamp hours of mAh. The mAh of the power bank is its energy storage capacity level. The higher the mAh, the more devices you can charge with it.
Power banks are also very reliable during travel. When you’re a marketing manager, sometimes you go to other places to attend marketing seminars or conventions as a representative of the company, which is where power banks come in handy.
Bringing a power bank anywhere you go can put your mind at ease because you will not miss any emails or work calls due to battery shortage when you have a power bank.
- Power bank has a large battery capacity of 42800mAh, and uses high-density batteries to load a larger capacity without changing the volume and weight. The super battery life allows you to get rid of the anxiety and worries about the depletion of the device power anytime and anywhere.
- Solar power bank uses strong professional ABS material, Chemical resistant, heat-resistant, and has super surface hardness, high elasticity and toughness. IP67 waterproof,drop-proof and dust-proof, so you no longer worry about damage caused by water/drop, it can work in extreme environments. With more than 1600+ charging life cycles, it is very reliable and durable.
- Power bank is equipped with a super bright LED flashlight with a long range and four functional modes. It can work continuously for up to 100 hours. The ability to send SOS signal mode may be able to save your life at critical moments.
- Solar power bank is compatible with all USB devices such as smartphones and tablets. The product has 2 USB output ports, if the device is compatible, it can support the QC3.0 fast charge protocol.
- Friendly reminder:When the solar panel is being cared for, it will generate current to charge the battery, and the indicator light will flash.Solar charging is affected by the instability of sunshine intensity and duration. The battery capacity of the product is very large, so the charging will be very slow and should be used as an emergency function. For daily charging, please use a charger with a power above 5V2A to charge the device.
5 – iPad
IPads are like the hybrid of smartphones and laptops. It can function like a laptop but is as portable as a phone, so it works in two very convenient ways. Of course, when it comes to brands for iPads, Apple is one of the leading ones.
Apple iPads are very functional, and they have applications for iOS that are appropriate for someone who works in the marketing field.
IPads are very convenient to use when you travel a lot, or when you need to go to the office and tasks are not that heavy that you can leave your laptop at home and bring your iPad instead for easy carry.
When you’re a marketing manager who may sketch a lot, maps out strategies, and take down notes during meetings and presentations, the iPad can be a helpful device to you.
Apple released a new series of iPad in 2021, and they come in different units and storage sizes. If you look for an iPad after reading this article, here are additional points that may help you decide better:
- The iPad Pro was released in 2021, powered with the M1 chip. The M1 chip is used for Macs and now is also used for Apple’s new iPad Pro to deliver breakthrough performance like their Macs. According to Apple, the iPad Pro is their fastest iPad so far, with an 8-core CPU that has 50% faster performance than previous units.
- The iPad Pro has a 12.9” liquid retina XDR display, a higher and more detailed resolution essential for editing, drawing, and watching.
- Apple M1 chip for next-level performance
- Stunning 11-inch Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- TrueDepth camera system featuring Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
- Stay connected with ultrafast Wi-Fi
6 – Smartwatch
A smartwatch might seem to be more of a luxury than a necessity, but to a busy marketing manager who’s always on the go, it’s as helpful as a smartphone.
Smartwatches from different brands offer different features; however, most have messaging features. You can connect your smartphone to a smartwatch.
When you’re in the middle of a meeting, and you didn’t bring your phone, you can still be notified of new messages or incoming calls through a smartwatch without disrupting your focus. You can also check new emails, if you may.
The most popular feature of a smartwatch is the health monitor. A smartwatch can monitor your health for you, count the steps you made in 24 hours, and check your blood pressure from time to time.
The health monitor feature can be helpful most of the time for busy marketing managers, who lose time to exercise and watch out for their health.
Although the health monitor may not be as accurate as a real-life doctor’s observation, it still gives you an idea of your current health status, which allows you to take action if needed.
Some smartwatches can also play music and have other mobile applications. There is a wide variety of smartwatches out there.
You only need to pick one that’s within your budget and that you think has features that could be helpful for your daily routine.
- Get Ready To Crush Your Wellness Goals With Body Readings Right On Your Wrist
- Better Sleep Starts Here: Wake Up Feeling Refreshed And Recharged With Advanced Sleep Tracking; When You Go To Bed, Your Galaxy Watch4 Sleep Tracker Starts Monitoring Your Sleep And Spo2 Levels Continuously
- Be Smart About Your Heart: Take Care Of Your Heart With Accurate Ecg Monitoring And Keep An Eye On Possible Atrial Fibrillation, A Common Form Of Irregular Heart Rhythm; Share Personalized Readings With Your Doctor Using The Samsung Health Monitor App On Your Compatible Galaxy Phone
- Make Every Workout Count: Get The Most Out Of Every Exercise Session With Advanced Workout Tracking That Recognizes 6 Popular Activities, From Running To Rowing To Swimming, Automatically In Just 3 Minutes; Stay Motivated By Connecting To Live Coaching Sessions Via Your Smartphone Or To Dynamic Group Challenges With Your Friends
7 – Noise-cancelling Headphones
Now that most companies are doing work-at-home setups, you need a headphone that has a noise-cancellation feature you can use for meetings held in Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more.
Even if you have an office set up in the comfort of your home, you cannot control the natural rowdiness and background noise that will come from your fellow housemates and neighbourhood.
You can never really tell, but you could be in a middle of a meeting when an ambulance passes or your neighbour plays loud music on their speakers all of a sudden, or your dog is barking at the delivery guy.
Such cases that occur naturally around your neighbourhood can never be avoided, and to be prepared in times like this, you need a noise-cancelling headset.
When you’re a marketing manager, there will always be regular meetings, and at one point, you will be the one speaking in a meeting.
A noise-cancelling headset can not only make you hear your workmates better. Still, it can also benefit them by hearing you clearer and better, so you can avoid miscommunication during online meetings and presentations.
- Noise cancelling wireless headphones – The perfect balance of quiet, comfort, and sound. Bose uses tiny mics to measure, compare, and react to outside noise, cancelling it with opposite signals.
- High-fidelity audio – The TriPort acoustic architecture offers depth and fullness. Volume-optimized Active EQ maintains balanced performance at any volume, so bass stays consistent when turned down and the music remains clear when turned up.
- Quiet and Aware Modes – Choose Quiet Mode for full noise cancelling, or Aware Mode to bring the outside into the around ear headphones and hear your environment and your music at the same time.
- Personalize your audio. Adjustable EQ allows you to set the bass, mid-range, and treble levels to your personal preferences or select one of several preset options.
- Up to 24 hours battery life – Enjoy 24 hours of battery life from a single charge. A quick 15-minute charge offers 3 hours when you’re on the go, or plug in the included audio cable to listen for even longer in wired mode.
8 – Printer With Scanner
This device may probably be the most controversial addition to our list of must-have devices for a marketing manager, but trust me, you might need it.
Companies provide printers and scanners because these devices are necessary for regular office use. However, if your current work setup is work-at-home or skeletal, you need a printer at home because you’re not always at the office to access the printers and scanners provided by the company.
A marketing manager works with many files and creative materials, and more often than not, these files and creative materials need to be in hardcopies.
Computer shops are not always open, and sometimes you don’t even have computer shops in your area, so having a printer with a scanner is the safest option if you want to be always ready if you need printed files for your presentation or presentation deliverables.
- 6 FREE MONTHS INSTANT INK SUBSCRIPTION when you activate HP+ – Print up to 700 pages a month. Ink ships to you automatically so you never run out. After 6 months, monthly fee applies unless cancelled, and you'll save up to 50% on ink.
- INCLUDES FREE HP+ SMART FEATURES – Activate HP+ free to get advanced features for mobile printing, security, automatic updates and more. HP+ only works with an HP account, internet connection and Original HP Ink for the life of the printer.
- BEST FOR BASIC PRINTING – Print basic color documents like recipes, forms and travel documents
- KEY FEATURES – Print, copy and scan in color, plus mobile and wireless printing
- EASY SETUP – Get started fast on any device with the HP Smart app that guides you step by step
9 – Microphone
A microphone is not necessarily something you need to have, but you might need it one day.
A marketing manager joins meetings regularly to coordinate with the marketing team and other departments. Most of the time, the manager will be the one to present in some sessions.
When presenting in a meeting, you need to be clear, and sometimes even when you speak, your microphone’s quality isn’t enough.
Investing in a good microphone for laptops/PCs will give you quality audio feedback to those at the receiving end of your audio, so your fellow employees understand every point of the meeting.
- Custom three-capsule array: This professional USB mic produces clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound for YouTube videos, Twitch game streaming, podcasting, Zoom meetings, music recording and more
- Blue VO!CE software: Elevate your streamings and recordings with clear broadcast vocal sound and entertain your audience with enhanced effects, advanced modulation and HD audio samples
- Four pickup patterns: Flexible cardioid, omni, bidirectional, and stereo pickup patterns allow you to record in ways that would normally require multiple mics, for vocals, instruments and podcasts
- Onboard audio controls: Headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and mic gain put you in charge of every level of the audio recording and streaming process
- Positionable design: Pivot the mic in relation to the sound source to optimize your sound quality thanks to the adjustable desktop stand and track your voice in real time with no-latency monitoring
10 – Wireless Telephone
Telephones are still used as an essential office communication tool. It’s cheaper than using load credits for smartphones, and it’s straightforward. Just call and no other gimmicks.
Since technology has been progressing more, there are now wireless telephones. Wireless telephones are more advanced than regular telephones but lesser innovative than smartphones.
You can record phone calls through wireless telephones, and it’s portable! You can bring it anywhere with you as long as you need it for work.
Every manager of every department needs to be readily available for clients and their employees, so having a telephone is a convenient communication device because most households have them.
It’s also easier to reach hotlines through telephone calls when there are emergencies, so a wireless telephone is helpful for work and other functions.
- UNSURPASSED RANGE & ANSWERING SYSTEM Experience the best in long-range coverage and clarity, provided by a unique antenna design and advances in noise-filtering technology. This reliable cordless system includes a digital answering machine that can record up to 22 minutes of incoming messages, outgoing announcements and memos, and a voice-guide for easier set up.
- SMART CALL BLOCKER & CALLER ID ANNOUNCE Say goodbye to unwanted calls. Robocalls on your landline are automatically blocked from ever ringing through - even the first time. You can also permanently blacklist any number you want with one touch on the delicated key on the handset. The call block directory can store up to 1,000 name and number entries. Plus, the handset announces the name of the caller, so you can decide on answer the call or block it - screening call is never easier.
- LARGE 2-INCH SCREEN, BIG TEXT, LIGHTED KEY PAD High-contrast text on the extra-large 2 inch screen makes it easy to read incoming caller ID or call history records. Plus, the enlarged font and extra-large and lighted handset keypad allows for easy dialing in low-light conditions. This feature is especially helpful for those who are visually impaired.
- HANDSET SPEAKERPHONE, AUDIO ASSIST, INTERCOM This cordless system has built-in a full-duplex speakerphone on handset allowing both ends to speak - and be heard - at the same time for conversations that are more true to life. Also designed with useful features like Audio Assit, handset intercom to help your daily communications enjoyable.
- EXPANDABLE TO 5 HANDSET Easily add accessory handsets (use BL102-0 model) up to 5 total, with just one phone jack.
Technologies play a crucial role in every aspect of our lives. Most companies nowadays are dependent on technologies for daily business operations and transactions.
Without technology, many jobs will make no sense because how can they function without devices and the internet? Like the job of a marketing manager.
Mostly their roles are focused on technology-based processes, so they need all the help of different devices to ensure their work is quality while following company standards.
The devices listed here are some of the devices that could be essential for a marketing manager to perform more proactively.
Last update on 2022-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API