A Guide to Hard Drive Recovery for Graphic Designers
Technology is getting developed day by day, and we are readily more used to digital devices.
It is a matter of fact that the world will be more digitised in the future. Besides, graphic designers also need to be careful using their devices online.
Computer hard drives are an essential element for graphic designers to store their valuable personal and client data.
If we aren’t careful about it, our data can be missing anytime without us noticing – precious client files gone in the blink of an eye. Such a headache!
As we know, graphic designers use a few heavy tools, which affect a lot on the hard drive and RAM.
After getting old, those electronic devices can die for many reasons.
That’s why graphic designers need hard drive recovery software or have basic recovery ideas to recover their valuable data.
Unless you are an engineer, it will be a task to get back your precious lost data.
Instead of this, you can figure out the reason and get back your losing data by using a data recovery solution.
Or you may follow our steps for a quick solution.
Steps on How a Designer can Recover Data from a Dead Hard Drive
Connect the dead hard drive with a PC
Are you using two hard drives on your PC? If the answer is yes, you may skip this process.
However, connect your dead hard drive with a computer, which contains the operating system of your friends or close relatives and then you can access it.
If you are a desktop user, then connect it with your pc through a SATA cable.
This is a computer bus that is used to connect with storage.
If you don’t have cable, go to your nearby computer store or purchase one from any online store.
- Benfei SATA III cable is designed to connect motherboards and host controllers to internal Serial ATA hard drives and DVD drives, quickly upgrading your computer for expanded storage. Please be kindly noted that this cable does not provide power for your hard drive. It must be powered separately.
- 6 Gbps Fast Data Transfer: The latest SATA Revision 3.0 allows for data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gbps, 2x faster than SATA II, backwards compatible with SATA I and SATA II. Data transfer speed is limited by rating of the attached equipment.
- Cost-effective: 1 Pack SATA III cable is a cost effective way to provide replacement or spare for different SATA systems or for RAID configuration.
- Secure Connection: Locking latch on each end of the cable to ensure secure connections for fast and reliable file transfer.
- What You Get: Benfei SATA 3 cable 18inch(1 PCS in one package), 18-month warranty and lifetime friendly customer service.
You need to connect the one area with the hard drive and another one with the motherboard.
It’s straightforward for laptop users. They need to buy an external USB cradle, which is very simple and convenient to use in any hard drive. Using a cradle, you can effortlessly connect it as a regular USB.
- Supports all 2.5 and 3.5-inch SATA drives
- Connects via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0)
- UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support for even faster performance. UASP requires UASP capable host system
- Serial ATA bus up to 6Gbps Signal bandwidth for fast storage backups
- This Docking station comes with a free download of Acronis True Image for Sabrent software for easy cloning
Finding the Damage
When you connect the device with the computer, you need to find out the damage.
If you’re lucky, you will get a storage device and quickly transfer all the data you need.
It can sometimes happen because of the installed operating system.
But, this does not mean every hard drive recovery as simple as it seems.
Sometimes the data may be visible to you, but the operating system doesn’t allow you to transfer it across due to permissions.
Unfortunately, you may not see any files at all, and it will be more challenging.
This is the time graphic designers can take advice from salvagedata.com to resolve their recovering data problems.
Recover Data Using Software
If you are tired of using everything and still cannot recover your file, then good hard drive data recovery software can remove your hassle.
For an extensive recovery, you can use disk drill or salvage data recovery software. They are a champion of recovery data from any device within a few minutes, to a few hours.
So, be patient when your hard drive crashes.
It’s not possible to rebuild your hard drive, but you can recover all your valuable graphic design data by doing these few processes.
But I will always suggest being careful with your precious device.
Last update on 2022-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API