What Is the Best Android Tablet for Graphic Design?
Being a graphic designer, most of the time, you face the situation when the project you're working on may require you to flex your artistic muscles and pull out sheets of paper and Pen.
You can not always satisfy the client unless you get it right the first time; it will not make editing easy.
However, many artists, illustrators, and graphic designers are moving towards using tablets to complete their professional projects in today's world.
These tablets offer an artist a light, responsive, handy, and electronic option to complete projects quickly, even when they are not at the office.
These tablets have been around on the marketplace for more than a decade.
However, if you are looking for the best android tablet for graphic design, many of these professional-grade devices won't be available at every local electronics store.
With tons of tablet choices available today, we're going to narrow it down and take a look at the best android tablet for graphic design.
Read also: Best Drawing Tablets for Creative Artists
Best Android Tablet for Graphic Design
The following list contains the best android tablets for graphic design. After searching for several hours, we have selected the top 3 tablets based on their features, such as RAM, processors, performance, display, stylus, and portability features.
These aspects will ultimately offer you a smooth experience while doing any of your professional tasks.
Likewise, you can also perform routine tasks and play games at their best graphics.
Now, let's get to the list of best android tablets for graphic design without wasting a minute.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- XP-PEN G640S Android Drawing Tablet
1 – Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 comes with 256GB of storage, which allows you to store your essential data.
Here you can install and run different software smoothly and perform your tasks efficiently. Moreover, its screen comes with 2560 x 1600 resolution and a 120 Hz refresh rate that offers smooth scrolling and an immersive experience.
The best android tablet for graphic design offers the improved S Pen that comes with an elongated tip.
Furthermore, it offers quad speakers tuned by AKG and provides support for Dolby Atmos surround sound.
The Galaxy Tab S7 comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus eight-core processor and the Qualcomm Adreno 650 graphics.
However, if you need more storage, then you can expand via the microSD card. You can also stay connected with wifi 6 (802.11ax) and sync wireless accessories through its Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity option.
- PC PERFORMANCE. TABLET PORTABILITY: Transform your tablet into a PC experience with DeX mode and the optional keyboard(1) with expanded trackpad. (1)Sold separately.
- ENTERTAINMENT, UPGRADED: Experience cinematic viewing in your hands with larger edge-to-edge displays, sAMOLEDTM screen(2) and quad speakers tuned by AKG with Dolby Atmos surround sound. (2)Tab S7 11” screen is a TFT LCD screen.
- REDESIGNED S PEN INCLUDED: With improved 9ms pen latency, the redesigned S Pen can control presentations, take notes and mark up papers effortlessly.
- CHANGE THE WAY YOU GAME: Bring console gaming to anywhere a Wi-Fi connection is available with an immersive screen and Bluetooth-enabled controller(3). (3)Controller sold separately.
- CHARGE FAST. POWER FOR HOURS: Go for hours on a single charge,(4) and back to 100% with the fast-charging USB-C port. (4)Battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.
This 11″ slate features a 2560 x 1600 resolution and a 16:10 screen to body ratio. Further, the screen comes with a 120 Hz refresh rate that allows smooth scrolling.
The Galaxy Tab S7 comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus chipset, which makes this device faster than Galaxy Tab S6.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 includes an S Pen that lets you quickly write and perform tasks with 4096 pressure sensitivity levels.
This Pen magnetically attaches to the back of the Galaxy Tab S7, so you can always have it on hand.
Once attached, it automatically charges to ensure it's ready whenever you require it.
Furthermore, with Bluetooth connectivity and built-in buttons, it can be programmed to do more.
You can pair your device with a separately sold Book Cover Keyboard and enable Samsung DeX for a traditional desktop experience.
Samsung DeX feature offers users a traditional, customisable PC experience, and the users can easily connect to a big screen.
You can take photos and videos with its wide 13MP and ultra-wide 5MP dual rear and the 8MP front-facing camera.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 comes with quad speakers tuned by AKG that supports Dolby Atmos surround sound.
Moreover, you can sync this device with your Galaxy smartphone so that you can receive notifications, calls, texts, and much more.
Coming towards its battery, it offers an 8,000 mAh built-in battery. Now you will be able to play up to 12 hours of video playback on your Galaxy Tab S7.
You can recharge your battery, as it offers the USB Type-C port that supports 45W super-fast charging support.
Why Do We Like It?
The Galaxy Tab S7 works and feels like a top smartphone of 2021 and is one of the best android tablets for graphic design.
It runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chip that offers the same experience as the Galaxy Note 20 series.
It means that it is fast and responsive, and there's no issue in running software required for graphic designing.
2 – Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Here comes the second device you can buy if you are looking for the best android tablet for graphic design with an unlimited number of features.
Moreover, it comes in two different variants; wifi and LTE; however, the LTE models will cost you more than the wifi version.
This tablet is available in three different colours as Mountain Grey, Rose Blush, and Cloud Blue.
Moreover, you can also attach a smart keyboard with it, which allows you to transform this device into a laptop.
- The included S Pen makes it easier than ever to write notes and personalize photos and videos, all without needing to charge. The S Pen attaches magnetically right to your tablet so you can quickly put it down and pick it back up without losing it.
- Slim Metal Design: Take this sleek, lightweight tablet anywhere. Its slim design slips right into your bag and comes in your choice of stylish colors.
- Entertainment Ready: A vivid, crystal clear display draws you into content while dual speakers with sound by AKG supply spacious, Dolby Atmos surround sound.
- Long-lasting Battery: A long-lasting battery lets you stream for up to 13 hours (Battery power consumption depends on usage patterns. Results may vary) on a single charge. The fast-charging USB-C port allows you to quickly get back to where you left off when you need to recharge.
- Expandable Memory: Store all of your content with built-in 64/128GB internal memory. Expand your storage space anytime up to 1TB with a microSD card (Sold separately. Portion of internal memory occupied by existing content).
This device comes with 10.4 inches Super AMOLED Display with a screen resolution of 1600*2560 pixels (287 PPI Density). Moreover, it weighs around 420g and has a dimension of 244.5 * 159.5 * 5.7 mm.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 offers a Stylish and lustrous design. This device is powder-coated with black/grey, or grey antennas to the top and bottom. Likewise, its front is made of glass and has an aluminium back.
In-Display Fingerprint Sensor & Stylus
It has an in-display fingerprint sensor and also supports S Pen Stylus. Furthermore, in the top left corner of the back of the tablet below the back camera, you can also attach your Pen for charging purposes.
Samsung Galaxy tab S6 is the best android tablet for graphic design, comes with Android 9.0 (Pie) and a 2.84 Octa-Core processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor Adreno 640 GPU.
All these combine and offer tremendous speed, which you can not get on any other android slate.
Galaxy Tab S6 lite has a Dual Camera such that 13 MP wide a 5MP ultra-wide camera, which comes with HDR and Panorama features.
Likewise, it has an 8MP front gaming camera, which you can use to record videos at 1080P at 30fps.
Tab S6 lite has a smaller battery of 7,040 mAH than the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 with 7300 mAH.
We run a test on each model to check the battery performance.
Our editorial team played an 80 mins video with full-screen brightness, and as a result, Tab S4 ate 13% of its battery, and Tab S6 ate only 10% of its battery at full charge.
You will get dual speakers on the top edges, and on the bottom, you will also get a USB-C charging port, which you use for Transferring Data and Charging purposes.
You will get the Pogo Pin Port and two notches to hold the keyboard case on the left side of this device.
You will get a Micro SD Card, Volume button, and Bixby button on the right. Moreover, it comes in two different options; 128 GB internal storage and 6GB Ram and 265 GB internal storage, and 8GB Ram.
Further, it supports micro SD Cards up to 512GB, which you can use to store important files.
Why Do We Like It?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 lite is considered the iPad competitor, and it's arguably the best android tablet for graphic design that the company has ever put out. This device comes with the S pen and a better combination of RAM & processor.
3 – XP-PEN G640S Android Drawing Tablet
The XP-Pen G640S is the best android drawing tablet for graphic design that supports connections with Android devices 6.0 and above.
It is compatible with XP-Pen's new Deco Draw Drawing App. Also, it works best in graphic designing and more, bringing you an all-new creative experience with extreme portability and potential.
- LARGE DRAWING SPACE:LARGE DRAWING SPACE:LARGE DRAWING SPACE: The XP-PEN Deco 03 is provided with 10 x 5.62 inch working area, so you have more space to create and get work done. Super lightweight panel with compact design and delicate craftsmanship, offers a no delay or no chopping excellent drawing experience.
- MULTI-FUNCTION RED DIAL & CUSTOMIZED EXPRESS KEYS: The Deco 03 built-in creative multi-function red dial for faster operation and creative design with a rotating function dial; and features six customized express keys that saving your time and making your drawing smoother. Designed for both right and left hand user.
- TWO CONNECTION METHODS: The Deco 03 features both wired and wireless USB capability; Simply plug the included ISM 2.4G USB receiver into your computer to achieve wireless drawing, or connect the Deco 03 to your computer with the included USB cable for standard wired use. Creative & Convenient.
- 8192 LEVEL PRESSURE SENSITIVITY PEN STYLUS: The P03 stylus of graphic tablet comes with 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, making it durable and fit comfortably in your hand and provides you with a more natural and realistic drawing experience. Stylus is no battery, no charging required.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST OPERATING SYSTEMS & APPLICATIONS:COMPATIBLE WITH MOST OPERATING SYSTEMS & APPLICATIONS: Graphic Tablet DECO 03 is compatible with Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS version 10.8 and above. Also compatible with many major designer software such as Photoshop, SAI, Painter, Illustrator, Clip Studio, and more. Ideal for professional and beginner designer. We offer you One-year warranty service and clock customer service.
This slate comes with 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, giving it the intelligence to navigate, and you can perform your tasks smoothly.
Moreover, the Report Rate of the G640 max to 266 RPS makes lines flow smoother, and you can work faster and efficiently.
The stylus is one of the most critical features for doing professional tasks. This device includes a P05 passive stylus pen that works just like a real pen.
Most importantly, it does not require any battery or charging.
You can experience the lightweight and sleek design of the new G640S Android.
At 9mm thick, it is slim, portable, and easy on the go. Moreover, it comes with 6.5 x 4 inches drawing space; XP-PEN Star G640S Android provides more space than ever that is best for graphic designing.
This device is compatible with Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.10 and above and consistent with SAI, Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, Clip Studio, and much more.
Likewise, it is compatible with the XP-Pen Deco Drawing App and supports Android mobile devices 6.0 or any newer version.
Shortcut keys play an important role while performing complex graphic designing tasks. This device features 6 round customisable shortcut keys.
These keys are right at your fingertips for quick access to customise and optimise its daily performance. XP-Pen G640S comes with two modes, and you can set the tablet to left-hand or right-hand modes.
Why Do We Like It?
At only 9mm thick, this device is very slim and can be carried anywhere. Furthermore, its 6.5 x 4 inches of screen space offers a better working experience.
Question 1: Do graphic designers use tablets?
Answer: In today's world, many artists, illustrators, and graphic designers have started to turn towards using tablets to complete their professional projects. A good tablet offers an artist a light, responsive, handy, and electronic option to complete skilled tasks, even when you're not in the office.
Question 2: Is buying a tablet for graphic design worth it?
Answer: Tablets are replacing laptops and offer the latest features as smartphones. For graphic designing, you are going to need a better combination of RAM and processor.
Question 3: What is a good processor speed for a tablet?
Answer: A clock speed of 3.5 or 4.0 GHz is considered a good processor speed for gaming and daily use. However, it is essential to know how your CPU performs while doing routine tasks.
Question 4: What is more critical, RAM or Processor?
Answer: RAM is essentially the core of the Tablet, Laptop, or Smartphone, and in most cases, it is better to have more RAM. RAM is more significant than a processor because, with the right amount of RAM on your tablet or laptop, it increases the efficiency and ability to handle the software properly.
Wrapping It Up
The prices of these graphic design tablets vary from time to time. In this article, we have listed the best android tablets for graphic design.
Nowadays, tons of tablets are available in the market. Some of these offer better specs, while some come with low-end features.
However, if you are a professional graphic designer, then you may go with Samsung devices.
Tons of different options are available in the market, and you can select any of these devices according to your range and requirements.
But we highly recommend any of the tablets we named in this blog, taking into account the one that suits your needs, and of course, your budget.
If you like the information, then share it with your friends and family on social media.
However, if you are still confused, then feel free to ask. Our team will try to reach you as soon as possible – Thank you!
Last update on 2021-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API