Top 10 Best all in one Printer for Small Businesses in 2020 and 2021
Remember back in the day when all you needed from a printer was the ability to print?
This is no longer the case, with machines that not only print, scan and copy but also fax, connect to wireless networks and print from mobile devices with one quick touch.
They range from under £100 to over £500 with features to suit every small business – but what is the best all-in-one printer for you?
If you are looking to buy the best all-in-one printer for a small business, but have no idea where to start then worry not, we have you covered.
1 – HP Page Wide Pro
- HP PAGEWIDE TECHNOLOGY: Up to 40% lower cost per page and faster print speeds than color laser printers in their class, plus best-in-class total cost of ownership and energy efficiency.
- 120 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Discover the power of HP PageWide Technology today at no risk. 120 day money back guarantee through HP directly. (Find 120 Day Guarantee program details within Technical Specifications section below). One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
- UNRIVALED PRINT SPEED: Drive productivity with the fastest office printer in its class - first page out in as fast as 7 seconds & print up to 55 pages per minute in both color and black-and-white.
- SOLID SECURITY: Embedded security features monitor for and stop threats. Take immediate action with instant notification of security issues.
- PRINT, SCAN, COPY & MORE: Auto 2-sided duplex printing and scanning, copy, fax, wireless printing, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC touch-to-print technology, 4.3-inch color touchscreen, auto document feeder.
The HP Page Wide Pro is the best all-in-one printer for small businesses with a heavy workload that needs colour, blazing-fast performance and high print quality.
It is not just good for quick, print quality though, as the quality of its photocopies and scanned documents are equally impressive.
However, with reports of people experiencing a small degree of bleed-through on cheap, thin paper, it is recommended to use higher-quality paper to get the best results.
Apart from the need to buy slightly thicker paper, this machine boasts some ridiculously low running costs.
The higher yield cartridges offer up an astoundingly low price of 1.17p per page for black and white printing.
You are going to need those savings though as this machine is not cheap.
It is however insanely fast coming in at a print speed of roughly 42 pages per minute.
That is a page printed every 1.43 seconds, perfect for any business that publishes long documents!
2 – Epson EcoTank
- Cartridge-free printing — comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box (1)
- Includes enough ink to print up to 14,000 pages black/11,200 color (2) — equivalent to about 30 ink cartridge sets (3)
- Save up to 80 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles (4) — plus easy-to-fill, supersized ink tanks
- Efficient — 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder; fast auto 2-sided printing
- Versatile — 150-sheet paper capacity, borderless printing up to 8.5" x 11"
Most all-in-one printers are cheaper than the EcoTank as the manufacturers tend to make their profit by selling their ink cartridges at a significant markup.
The Epson EcoTank is noticeably more expensive than many of its rivals, but more than makes up for this with its ridiculously low running costs.
The ET-3750 is now being sold with enough ink to print an impressive 14,000 pages in black and white, and 11,200 pages in colour.
When it does get the time to refill it is going to cost you approximately 0.005p a page!
Epson has done away with the traditional cartridges and instead has a large ‘tank’ that is capable of holding enough ink to print thousands of pages before you need to buy any refills.
So not only is it cheaper to run but also reduces waste from thrown away cartridges.
Investing in a more expensive printer here could save you money in the long run.
Connectivity includes USB, Ethernet and WiFi for easy office printing as well as Apple’s AirPrint for iOS devices.
If you are an Android user, then you can download Epson’s free iPrint app.
If you are going to be doing much printing, then this printer is for you. However, if you are only printing occasionally, then read on!
3 – Canon PIXMA All-in-one Printer
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will impress; From stunning photographs to detailed documents, put the 5 Color Individual Ink System to work and never compromise on speed or quality
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease.
- The PIXMA TS6220 wireless printer is the All In One that fits perfectly anywhere in the home, is simple to use, and delivers outstanding quality results every time
- Connectivity Technology: USB, Bluetooth
- For numbers listed in product description see “specification sheet” in technical specification section below
Much like the Epson EcoTank ET-3750 above, the big selling point of the Canon PIXMA is the refillable ink.
Instead of buying wasteful and high-priced cartridges the ink refills are very inexpensive in comparison.
This does mean that the machine itself is more costly so it only makes the purchase worth it if you are going to be printing a lot, over time and extended use as only then does it becomes less expensive than a similar printer which uses ink cartridges.
The design of this all-in-one printer enables you can keep an eye on the levels of your ink via the translucent panels at the front of the machine, perfect for avoiding that late-night low ink message when you need to print!
4 – HP Laserjet Pro
- Main functions of the HP M227fdw all-in-one laser printer: monochrome print, scanner, copier, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, double-sided printing, color touchscreen, 35-sheet auto document feeder, and more
- This HP M227fdw laser printer replaces the HP M225dw printer, additionally the newer HP M227fdw has 15% faster print speed plus HP JetAdvantage Security Manager
- Prints up to 30 pages/minute, input tray paper capacity up to 260 sheets, duty cycle up to 2,000 pages/month
- Mobile printing: mobile print from anywhere with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone with AirPrint, send jobs from your devices to any company printer using Google Cloud Print, print without a network using Wi-Fi Direct printing, NFC touch-to-print
- Set a faster pace for your business: Print two-sided documents, plus scan, copy, fax, and manage to help maximize efficiency
If your working space is small, but you need to print a lot with high print quality, then look no further.
The small and quiet HP Laserjet Pro is a high printing speed mono laser printer.
It is just a mono printer though so if you are hoping to print in colour then continue your search.
While not exactly expensive for a laser printer, it is also not the cheapest to run for a small business or home office with the cost per page coming in at 3.5p.
If you opt for the high yield cartridges that cost per page comes down to a much better 2.3p.
Also, if your experience with printers so far has been one of frustration, then you will be pleased to hear this machine has a distinct, intuitive and easy to use touchscreen.
You can even set the printer to email a scanned document directly, with very little fuss.
5 – Canon Pixma Wireless
- Mobile device printing: Easily print from your iPhone, iPad, Android or tablet.In The Box : PIXMA MG3620 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer, Manuals and other documents, Setup CD-ROM, FINE Cartridges (Black and Color), Power Cord
- Quick and easy wireless setup
- Powerful printing options: Airprint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria and Canon Print
- Compact and space-saving design, Auto 2-Sided Printing
- Print on both sides of the page with auto 2-sided print
The Canon Pixma makes the list as a printer that can hold its own in a home office environment, but its real talent is with photo printing.
It is a printer that can function for both business and personal use.
If you opt for the higher yield cartridges, text printing comes in at a very respectable 2.5p per page.
Don’t buy the ‘standard’ sized cartridges as costs jump up to 3.7p per page, not suitable for small businesses where every penny adds up.
The savings continue with colour printing too.
The higher yield cartridges give you costs of just 6p a page, which is a bargain with the quality of the colour printing on offer here.
The six-ink system that Canon is using improves the colour fidelity, and a sixth cartridge (grey) helps with express shading, meaning that you will have to replace the black cartridge much less often.
6 – Brother Digital Colour Printer
- Fast printing to keep you moving: The Brother HLL3210CW Digital Color Printer lets you get things done with up to 19 pages per minute print speed
- Enjoy easy and affordable color printing: Affordably print professional quality, rich, vivid color documents with laser printer quality
- Versatile paper handling helps increase productivity: Help minimize refills with the 250 sheet paper tray, adjusting for letter or legal paper. The manual feed slot handles a variety of paper types and sizes, including card stock, envelopes, etc
- Print and connect your way: The HLL3210CW offers wireless mobile device printing(1) and built in wireless, WiFi Direct and USB interfaces
- For use with brother genuine toner: TN223BK, TN223C, TN223M, TN223Y, TN227BK, TN227C, TN227M, TN227Y
The initial purchase price is lower than some of its rivals, but toner is expensive if you pay Brother’s recommended rates.
Fortunately, you can find discounts on the high-yield cartridges if you look around online.
It’s a great little home office printer, and it’s quick with up to 19 pages per minute print speed.
This printer is intended for small businesses that need a fast, high-quality printer for documents, with Apple and Android apps available too.
7 – Epson Workforce Pro
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty.
- Get performance beyond laser — the workforce WF-7720, powered by Precision Core
- Print-shop quality — borderless prints upto 13" X 19". Operating Systems - Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (SP2) – Windows Server 20167, Mac OS X 10.6.8 – macOS 10.12.x8
- Economical — uses upto 80 percent less power vs. Color laser printers (4)
- High-volume printing — 500-sheet capacity, dual trays, Plus a rear feed for specialty paper; 125-sheet output tray
The Epson WorkForce Pro offers the right mix of features and capabilities for a reasonable price.
It is fast, provides excellent print quality and is a relatively compact all-in-one printer with these capabilities.
It also has a slew of different connection options including the now-standard Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud print as well as Epson’s app for everyone else.
For Android devices, Near Field Communication (NFC) is also available for that easy phone-tap enabled printing.
There is also the ability to print photos as a nice added extra, but it is the speed and the quality of the printing that makes this printer one to check out.
8 – HP Officejet Pro All-in-one
- Premium office productivity: This color printer comes in an aluminum finish and offers faster printing at 22 pages per minute, automatic 2-sided copy and scan, and a 35-page automatic document feeder
- Two years of ink, delivered: The HP OfficeJet Pro Premier small office printer comes with a code to redeem 2 years of Instant Ink based on printing 300 pages/month, so you can save on ink and get it delivered to your door
- Two-year limited hardware warranty: Get help with 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP Web support; register product within 60 days of purchase to add a second year to the standard 1-year limited warranty and get Next-Business-Day Exchange
- Organize documents 50% faster: Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and sync to QuickBooks, Google Drive, and more using Smart Tasks—the easiest way to digitize and organize receipts and business documents on your phone or printer
- Self-healing Wi-fi: Ensures you stay connected by detecting issues and automatically undergoing up to 3 stages of reconnection to keep your Wi-Fi stable and reliable
The HP Officejet Pro boasts the ability to function as a standalone copier and fax machine in a much smaller form factor than a traditional office copier, though still larger than a lot of other printers on this list.
You can both print from and scan to a USB drive which means you do not need to boot up your computer if you just need to get a paper document on or off a USB stick before rushing out of the office to an important meeting!
This machine also allows you to use NFC technology to print from your phone, making it entirely possible to have a PC free workflow if you just need to print a document.
It is also a reasonably fast machine, printing at roughly 24 pages per minute.
9 – Hp Smart Tank Plus Printer
- Best ink tank print quality in class with great savings: Count on this affordable ink tank printer for home to print, scan, copy, and fax with ease, and consistently deliver dark, crisp text and vibrant color graphics for all your prints
- Easy mobile printing: Easily set up your all-in-one printer and manage print and scan projects on the go with your smartphone or tablet using the HP Smart app
- 2 years of ink in bottles included: The HP Smart Tank Plus is perfect for low-cost, high-volume printing; get up to 8,000 color pages or 6,000 black pages with up to 2 years of ink in bottles included in the box
- Simple, spill-free refill: With this all-in-one printer's integrated ink tank design and automatic ink sensor, you get a compact, spill-free refill system with convenient, resealable bottles that make it easy to manage ink
- Reliable connectivity with dual-band Wi-Fi: Whether connecting your ink tank printer to your network or your mobile device to your printer, get faster, more reliable connections with dual-band Wi-Fi
The HP Smart Tank Plus digital printer is an excellent small office printer for those working at home.
It’s great for quick printing or on-the-go, with allowing you to manage print and scan projects with your smartphone or tablet using the HP Smart app.
You can speed through tasks with the 35-page auto-feeder which prints at up to 11ppm and fast first page printing.
10 – Brother All-in-one Small Business Printer
- Print, copy, scan, fax up to 11"x17". Ledger size scan glass and up to 50 sheet ADF
- Automatic duplex single pass duplex scan/copy and automatic two sided printing
- Flexible paper handling. 500 sheet dual paper tray total capacity accepts up to 11"x17". added convenience of up to 100 sheet multipurpose tray for optional capacity
- Built for business performance-spend less time waiting on printouts for when you need your documents fast
- Great ink produces great results. Sharp black text and High impact color documents on plain paper
This Brother printer boasts the ability to print up to A3 and easily connects to a plethora of cloud services such as Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, Facebook, Flickr, OneNote and OneDrive.
Once you have used up the ink cartridges that come with the printer, you would be better off opting for the high yield versions that Brother offer.
This means printing will only cost 0.8p per page for black and white printing and 4.2p for a colour page.
Print speed depends on the paper size and the resolution you print at, but even for A4 printing on the black and white setting, this all-in-one printer is not going to be breaking any records.
The results themselves are excellent quality though so it is a trade-off; print quality for speed.
At higher resolutions, this printer is even good enough for design work.
With so many options out there for the best all-in-one printers for small businesses, it is essential which features are most important for your needs.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any suggestions!
Author Bio: Written by Fat Lama – Bradley Allen is a content writer for the peer-to-peer rental marketplace.
Last update on 2023-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
8 thoughts on “Top 10 Best all in one Printer for Small Business”
I go to see every day a few websites and information sites to read articles about the best all in one printer, but this blog gives quality based writing. Thank you a lot.
If you are a student or any working professional or running any small business then you need to have a printer. Then you can read this post once. As it is based on the topic that what are the top 10 best all in one printer, the features and usage are also elaborately mentioned.
You guys really help me out . I really need this information.
Thank you for the guidance.. It does work.
Load of work can be best managed by Canon MB 5120 and HP LaserJet 360 can be used for this purpose. Both Canon and Hp Printer are highly compatible of scanning , copying and printing etc. These printers will support wired and wireless features as well. We have total four departments and we have placed each printer on every floor
One Hp printer will be given to all 4 departments respectively to carry out their usual work
No heating issues with those printers
hp laserjet pro M132nw is this a legal size scanning with glass and printing printer
I am looking for an all in one copier, scanner, fax machine to lease monthly for our office. Max 4000 pg per month, wi-fi and maintenance option a must. black – white and colored as well.
Please e-mail me if you have this kind of option.
HP Pagewide printer is best when compared to other printers