5 of the Best 1440p Monitors on Amazon Right Now
A 1440p monitor is an ultra-high-definition monitor that supports 2560 x 1440 pixels and delivers a maximum resolution of 5120 x 2880 pixels. These monitors can provide the same pixel density as the 1080p monitors that support 4K resolutions of 3840 x 2160. In contrast to the high resolution of 4K, the 5K monitors are limited to 2560 x 1600 pixels.
You can find a massive variety of 1440p monitors on the market today. However, it is hard to choose the best monitor because most of them have similar features. Some of them may be very affordable but need more quality. Others may be costly but do not provide outstanding quality.
After researching and comparing the best 1440p monitors, I have selected the best ones that are affordable and offer excellent quality, features, and performance.
So, if you've been looking for a great 1440p monitor, you're in the right place. We've rounded up 5 of the best monitors available on Amazon so that you can check them out now. Whether you're a gamer, a designer, or someone who needs to work at a high resolution, these monitors will give you the best experience.
The 5 Best 1440p Monitors
1 – ASUS TUF Gaming Monitor
- 27 inch WQHD (2560×1440) IPS gaming monitor with 1ms (MPRT) response time 165Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) and G-SYNC compatibility for a tear-free experience
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB Sync) Technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together with Adaptive-Sync eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- Marathon ready with ASUS Eye Care technology to minimize eye fatigue and an ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Compatible with industry-standard HDR10 High Dynamic Range for color and brightness levels that exceed the capabilities of ordinary monitors
- Flexible connectivity options with DisplayPort 1.2 and Dual HDMI (V2.0)
The ASUS ROG Strix 27G1 gaming monitor is a 2560 x 1440 resolution display with a 1ms MPRT response time and a 165Hz refresh rate and is G-SYNC compatible. It is designed to play at a 144Hz refresh rate and comes with a screen size of 27 inches, which is perfect for gaming.
This monitor features a built-in Adaptive-Sync technology that uses NVIDIA G-SYNC. This feature eliminates the tearing and stuttering that can happen when you're using a high frame rate display, and it does so by synchronizing the monitor's refresh rate with the frame rate of your graphics card.
In addition to the built-in adaptive sync, this monitor supports the AMD FreeSync™ technology. This allows the user to enjoy the benefits of a high frame rate display while the monitor is not running at a constant refresh rate.
For the viewing angle this monitor offers a 178-degree viewing angle, which is wide enough for a gaming environment. It also has a tilt adjustment of -5°/+45°.
It also has the ASUS Eye Care technology, a combination of several features that aim to reduce eyestrain and improve the user's comfort. These include the Blue Light Filter, Flicker Free Technology, and the Wide Color Gamut.
2 – AOC CQ27G2 27.”
- 27″ AOC G2 series gaming monitor with QHD 2K 2560×1440 Resolution
- 1500R Super curved monitor wrapping around you for an immersive gaming experience
- Brilliant colors producing over 120% area coverage for sRGB color gamut
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD FreeSync Premium for smoothest competitive gameplay
- 3-sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
AOC CQ27G2 is one of the best monitors I've seen in my years of owning them, and it's an excellent choice for any gamer.
AOC is a well-known brand for creating high-quality, high-performance monitors. So it's no surprise that their CQ27G2 is one of the best monitors I've seen.
It has a 1ms MPRT (millisecond response time), meaning there's no lag or tearing when playing games. It also has a 144Hz refresh rate, making it one of the fastest monitors on the market.
The VA panel is ideal for wide viewing angles, and it has a 90% of sRGB colour gamut and an 85% of Adobe RGB colour gamut. This is a great advantage for gamers since the sRGB colour gamut is the most common colour space for web browsing. In contrast, the Adobe RGB colour gamut is the most commonly used colour space for photo and video editing.
You can enjoy your favourite movies, TV shows, and sports games in stunning quality and colour. The CQ27G2 is an excellent choice for any gaming enthusiast and is even suitable for graphic designers and photographers.
AOC's unique design is very eye-catching and very stylish. It has a slim, sleek, and frameless design that fits perfectly into any room.
The monitor is easy to set up and comes with a stand, power cables, and a user manual. The stand is adjustable and has height, swivel, and tilt adjustability, allowing you to customize the monitor to suit your needs.
You can use the monitor for both work and play. It's perfect for office work, graphic design, and video editing and great for playing games.
The CQ27G2 is a must-have monitor for anyone who loves gaming.
3 – LG 27QN600-B 27” QHD
- 27” QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Display.Specific uses for product – Personal, gaming, business
- 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design
- SRGB 99% Color Gamut
- HDR 10 Compatible
- AMD FreeSync
For a budget-friendly monitor, this one's got a lot going for it.
It's got a fast response time, it's got a good viewing angle, and it's got a decent brightness. It's got a few minor flaws, but overall it's a good monitor for the money.
This monitor is also packed with many ports, including two USB ports, a headphone jack, and an HDMI port. It also comes with a stand to easily adjust the monitor.
It's got good brightness, with a maximum luminance of 350 candelas per square meter. The minimum luminance is 280 candela per square meter. It's bright enough for most tasks, but if you're working in a dark room, you might need to crank it up.
It's got a great viewing angle, with a horizontal viewing angle of 170 degrees and a vertical viewing angle of 160 degrees. If you're watching a movie or playing a game, you'll be able to see the action from different angles.
It's got a quick response time, with a maximum response time of 1 millisecond. That's fast for a monitor, and the monitor will be responsive for most tasks.
It's got a reasonable contrast ratio, with a contrast ratio of 1000:1. That's a lot, so you won't need to worry about details being washed out or blown out.
Overall, it's a good monitor for the money, and it does the job. It has some flaws, but it's good for the price.
4 – SAMSUNG Odyssey G7 Series
- UNMATCHED IMMERSION: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain
- WQHD RESOLUTION: Make your gaming world, more lifelike than ever before. Packing in 1. 7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images. Experience a fuller view with more space to take in all the action
- NVIDIA G-SYNC & FREESYNC: Dropping frames means dropping chances to put your enemy in the dirt. With G-SYNC and FreeSync Premium Pro support, Odyssey matches every frame from your graphics card, so you’re never caught short from moment to moment
- RAPID 240hz REFRESH RATE: Topping leaderboards never looked or felt so smooth. With Odyssey’s rapid 240hz refresh rate, you have up to four times as many frames displayed on screen every second compared to a traditional screen
- INFINITY CORE LIGHTING: Odyssey’s Infinity Core is a striking addition to any desktop, matching world firsts in technology, with stunning visual design
Samsung's Odyssey G7 is the most advanced gaming monitor we've tested, and it's priced at a very reasonable $600.
Its 1440p resolution puts it in a class of its own, but what sets it apart is the WQHD display. That's the first time we've seen such a high resolution on a monitor that isn't curved, and it makes the difference.
While most monitors are still stuck at a 16:9 aspect ratio, WQHD is a lot wider than that, and it makes the image look a lot more realistic. The difference is most noticeable when playing games with many objects on screen, like FIFA or Battlefield, but the effect is also visible in non-gaming situations.
WQHD makes you feel like you're in the middle of the action.
In addition to WQHD, the Odyssey G7 features a fast 240Hz refresh rate, four times faster than standard 60Hz displays. The result is a smoother, more responsive experience.
The G7 has a 1ms response time, the fastest monitor we've tested and helps keep things crisp and clear. Even though it's a TN panel, the response time is better than most IPS panels.
The screen also has FreeSync support, which allows you to use Nvidia G-Sync technology on compatible graphics cards. It's excellent for reducing screen tearing, stuttering, and juddering, but it can also boost gaming performance.
Samsung includes a FreeSync-capable graphics card in the box, but you can also purchase a separate version of the card that supports FreeSync.
The G7 also has NVIDIA G-SYNC and NVIDIA Freesync Premium Pro support, a rare feature.
5 – Alienware UltraWide Gaming Monitor
- Experience breathtaking views with a combination of immersive features
- Aspect Ratio is 21:9; Viewing Angle is 178º (H) / 178º (V); Brightness is 350 cd/m²(typical)
- A 1900R curved, wide 21: 9 display maximizes the field of view and provides an even, consistent viewing experience
- With a WQHD (3440×1440) resolution, the image is sharp and detailed delivering an immersive experience
- A 120Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC provides buttery smooth gameplay and realism
This Alienware monitor is an absolute monster. It's so large that I had trouble sitting in front of it. It's the perfect size for my desktop, but it's also perfect for my entertainment setup. It's perfect for gaming, watching movies, and playing games.
When I first opened the box, I was like, “wow, this thing is huge”, and I think it fits the bill for what I wanted. I'm a huge gamer and wanted something that would provide me with the best possible playing experience.
While it's not the thinnest monitor out there, it is the lightest. That means it won't add too much weight to your desk, which is a big plus for those who want to play games and do other activities.
The stand is extremely sturdy. It's not flimsy, and it's not going to break if you accidentally knock it over. It's designed to be used for hours at a time, so it's not going anywhere.
The stand has a ton of adjustments, and they're all super easy to use. I've never had an issue adjusting the monitor once I started using it.
Overall, I'm delighted with this monitor. I'm glad that I picked it up. I couldn't be happier with the quality, and I'm excited to see how it performs when I start using it.
The market for 4K monitors is multiplying. But despite their high price tags, most people aren't buying them because they're too expensive.
Instead, most buyers opt for 1440p monitors because they're cheaper, offer better image quality, and are easier on your eyes.
You can find some great 1440p monitors on Amazon right now. So if you want to get the most bang for your buck, check out these five models below.
- 27″ WQHD (2560 x 1440) Widescreen IPS PC Gaming Monitor
- AMD FreeSync Premium Technology
- Refresh Rate: 180Hz (Using Display Port) – 144Hz (Using HDMI Port) | Response Time: 1ms (G to G) – Up to 0.5ms (G to G) | Pixel Pitch: 0.233mm | 2 Speakers, 2 Watts Per Speaker
- 27-inch WQHD (2560×1440) 1500R curved gaming monitor with ultrafast 165Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- Brightness(typ) is 300nits
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together with Adaptive-sync, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- 1ms Response Time: Colors fade and illuminate instantly with a 1ms response time, eliminating ghosting and piecing together precise imagery during action-packed scenes and gaming.
- up to 165Hz Refresh Rate: Stay above the pack with 165Hz, giving you an edge in performance as frames transition instantly.
- HDR400: HDR400 (High Dynamic Range) enhances dynamic contrast ratio, illuminating colors up to 50% brighter than SDR while displaying profoundly clear dark colors.
- CURVED DESIGN: 27 Inch QHD (2560x1440p) 1500R curved gaming monitor with thin bezels
- MAXIMIZED GAMEPLAY: 165Hz refresh rate and 1ms MPRT response time (with DisplayPort) for ultimate gaming experience
- ULTRA-SMOOTH GAMING: AMD FreeSync Premium technology enables fluid and tear-free gameplay
- Resolution & Panel: 27” 2560×1440 VA 1500R Display
- Refresh Rate & Response: 165Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms (MPRT) Response Time
- Color Accuracy: 8-bit color / 108% sRGB
Check out this post to see Amazon's five best 1440p monitors!
Last update on 2023-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API