How To Produce A Creative Video On A Budget
Video is an excellent medium that is used as part of any marketing strategy.
You don't need a million-dollar Hollywood budget to shoot an amazingly creative video for your brand.
With the right tools and direction, you can produce quality digital content while staying within your brand's financial means.
Pre-Plan Every Detail
To stay on budget, you need to make a plan and stick with it.
Going off in a different direction when you have everything set up is the easiest way to incur additional expenses.
Develop your concept, purpose, and script. Even a simple guide can help keep you going in the right direction.
Keep it Simple
If you don't have experience with creating innovative videos, keep the filming simple.
The one way to guarantee a great production is not to go overboard with techniques you've found on YouTube.
Most of those professionals have years of experience producing content.
Leave the camera on the tripod until you feel comfortable moving around and keep a steady hand freely.
Stick with simple backgrounds and don't go overboard with the script.
Choose a Professional-Looking Background
If you're not filming outside, you need a background that doesn't take away from your production.
There are many canvas backdrops you can buy to fit any budget.
Most of these options roll up for safe storage when not in use.
For times when you can't purchase a background, you can improvise.
The most important aspect is to make sure your video's scene doesn't distract viewers.
Great options include neat, organised bookshelves or a wall with awards or other simple images.
Use a Tripod
A tripod is a necessary expense for any video.
Even if you have an image stabiliser or feel confident you can keep the filming steady throughout, a tripod is a valuable tool to keep the video stable while you handle other tasks.
You can pick up an inexpensive tripod at several locations that'll keep your digital equipment safe.
In a pinch, or if it's not in your budget, you can use a shelf or another sturdy piece of furniture to secure the camera.
- 【 IMPRESSIVE HEIGHT RANGES】Collapsing to tabeletop height 20.1 inches and expanding to 67.3 inches in only a few seconds, this tripod fully adapts to a range of different user heights and enables you to compose your photos more creatively than ever before.
- 【 MULTIPLE SHOOTING ANGLES】 Thanks to its versatile central mechanism, it adjusts to multiple shooting angles in only a few seconds, including Landscape Mode, Portrait Mode, Low Angle Shot, High Angle Shot, which allows you to discover your potential and shoot like never before.
- 【UNIVERSAL PHONE MOUNT & WIRELESS REMOTE】The tripod provides a universal 360° rotating phone holder, extending from 58mm(2.3Inches) to 115mm（4.5Inches) that fits most smartphones. Moreover, it comes with a Wireless remote, pairs with your mobile so that you can take photos/video from 30ft/10m away.
- 【UNIQUE PREMIUM DESIGN】 Our tripod combines high-quality materials (High-grade Alluminum Alloy with ABS Resin), technological expertise and innovation with superior Italian design, catering to every style and type of camera and is ready to support photographers in every stage of their work.
- 【HIGH COMPATIBILITY 】A Camera Stand for All Cameras(Nikon D3500, Fujifilm X-T200, Canon EOS 250D, Olympus, Panasonic), Cell Phones, Ipad, Projector, Webcam, Gopro and Spotting Scopes.
Buy a Quality Microphone
Another essential tool is a separate, quality microphone for professional audio. Put this at the top of your list.
A large slice of your budget might go to this expense.
You can shoot the perfect creative video, but it will ruin the entire production if the audio's off.
For a low budget, some options work with your Android or iOS-based mobile device.
- Custom three-capsule array: Produces clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound for YouTube, game streaming, podcasting, Skype calls and music
- Four pickup patterns: cardioid, Omni, bidirectional, and stereo pickup patterns offer incredible flexibility, allowing you to record in ways that would normally require multiple microphones
- Onboard audio controls: Studio controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain put you in charge of every level of the recording and streaming process
- Legendary Blue Broadcast sound: Makes the professional difference for recording, streaming and building your audience
- Unique position able design: Adjust and pivot the microphone in relation to the sound source to optimize your sound quality. Compatibility- Windows 10 or higher, macOS 10.13 or later
Get the Lighting Right
Lighting is as important as the microphone.
If you're filming outside, you want a sunny day.
Shadows can cause problems and are hard to edit.
The same goes for the time of day. Stick to early morning or late afternoon for filming. The noon sun is harsh and produces heavy shadowing.
If you are shooting inside, you'll want quality lighting that provides a professional appearance.
There are several options. For a small budget with a limited filming area, consider a photo umbrella.
- ⭐Contents: [3 pcs] 45W CFL Bulb / [3 pcs] Bulb Socket / [2 pcs] White 33-inch Umbrella Reflector / [2 pcs] Black / Silver 33-inch Umbrella Reflector / [2 pcs] 82.3-inch Light Stand / [5 pcs] Velcro Cable Ties
- ⭐[1 pc] 29.8-inch Light Stand / [1 pc] Bulb Carry Bag / [1 pc] Photo Equipment Carry Bag
- ⭐45W Photo CFL Bulb: 6000K / 1820 Lumen / E26, E27 Standard Screw Base / Max Energy Saving up to 80%
- ⭐33-inch Diameter White Umbrella Reflector: Made of Enhanced Nylon / Works well with Any Flash or Lighting Fixture
- ⭐The kit is suitable for camera shooting, studio portraits, food, animals, children's fashion, industrial, scientific and technical commercial photography, etc
For more information on how a professional production company can help with creative video production on a budget, contact Rhoda Pond Productions.
Last update on 2021-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API