Brand Identity Essentials: 100 Principles for Designing Logos and Building Brands is the fourth book in the Very important series following Layout Essentials, Typography Essentials, and Packaging Essentials.
Brand Identity Essentials outlines and demonstrates basic logo and branding design guidelines and regulations via 100 principles including the weather of a hit graphic identity, identity programs and brand identity, and quite a lot of methods and components involved.
Brand Identity Essentials, a book by Peopledesign co-owners Kevin Budelmann and Yang Kim, has been translated into six languages and is available from major booksellers worldwide including Amazon and Apple.
Design terms are too often used inconsistently, leading to confusion for designers as well as clients. Contrary to common usage, the words “logo,” “identity,” and “brand” are not interchangeable.
Brand Identity Essentials lays a foundation for brand-building, defining the tools and building blocks, and illustrating the construction of strong brands through examples of world-class design.
- A one-stop reference for connecting visual design elements for logos to branding concepts.
- Explores S/M/L (small, medium, and large) dynamics of identity design: graphic identities, identity programs, brand identities.
- Demonstrates core identity design principles through a clear organizational structure and a variety of sources and examples.
Brand Identity Essentials celebrates well-executed brand programs as well as really great marks.
“I’ve shared Brand Identity Essentials with many at Amway to help them understand the critical role of design in brand-building. It’s one of the best books I’ve seen on creating the brand identity: harnessing the power of colour, shape, pattern and other design components to create visual symbols for brands.”
“Among a sea of brand identity literature, Brand Identity Essentials stands out through its organization, creativity, and practical explanations of design principles. Great for professionals, students, visual junkies, and brand managers.”
Brand Identity Essentials
- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Publisher: Rockport Publishers; 1st edition (October 1, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 159253578X
- ISBN-13: 978-1592535781
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds